Jamie

Rear Beam Brake Pipe Spring Clips

How the f**k do these things fit??? They fell off when I was working on my rear brakes and I just can't get the bloody things back on! One of those stupid things that are doing my head in

If only I had a picture as I did these last week. Assuming you mean these guys? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-MK2-Golf-Genuine-OEM-Hard-Line-To-Flexi-Pipe-Clips-2-Pack-Brand-NEW-/281152811795?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Car+Make%3AVW&hash=item4176037313

The spring clips go on the union between the flexi and the rigid. The join should be at a bracket from the body work (or they'll never fit) - and iird go on the rigid pipe side - the 'pointy' bits towards the bracket, the curved side butting against the union. When you tighten up the union, it'll pull the flexi in towards the bracket and keep it tight against it.

Vagcat has the diagram, should help explain. If it's not this bit let me know.

No it's not those ones lads - it's the ones that clamp onto the beam, then the flexi goes through them, then the clip above and onto the solid brake line. Hard to explain but they're big things that clamp on the end of the beam. I can get the top on then the bottom springs off and vice versa. They're really getting on my tits...

I am awaiting mine coming back from being refurbed so haven't fitted them but they are obsolete so don't break them. They are an L shaped flat section of spring steel..

Yep that's the ones - I was out there for over an hour and just can't for the life of me get them back on. Tried everything and only really wanted someone to say "bin em" :lol:

This things really tried my patience over the last couple of weeks

Ah, I get you. Agree - pain in the bloody arses - I've never been able to get mine to clamp on fully. I've made sure the top part is seated in and using the biggest screwdriver I had, have levered the lower one on as far as I can but I can never get it in 100% - it sits firly securely and has never been picked up by MOT man. It's got to be on far enough to clear the caliper a otherwise you get a creaking noise when you pply the breaks and the caliper rubs against it.

Finally got them on - bent the bottom securing clip bit up a bit but ended up putting a screw in the top one. Seems to have done the trick though