Peacedub

Another central locking issue!

I know this has been brought up like a million times but i just cant get my head round it. The central locking om my late spec 92 C was all working hunky dory up until a few week back with the exception to drivers door key. Passenger would lock all doors. I took the drivers door apart and tweaked with the lock pin and actuator and found that the door pin was stopping the pin from clicking the acuator. After a bit of fiddling I got it to work from the drivers door so all was working good. I did notice that the door handle didnt have the wiring and connector going to it and the connecor part was plugged into the part that clips to the door with the wires cut? I have an alarm and immobiliser fitted so thought that they had bypassed the handle electrical connection and just gone straight off the actuator signal? anyway i disregarded it as it was working up until the other day when everything stop working even on the passenger side. I have tested the door connections and pump and have 12v to all. I disconnected the battery for some time to do some work in the engine and when i connected back up i have to disarm the alarm with the fob and noticed the central locking worked on and off then completey stopped working after that and have never been able to replicate it again. in the process of trying to fix the drivers side i broke the plastic door lever that the pins attach to that goes to the locking mechanism :bonk:. had a look at these and they are not cheap are they!!

I slight bit of reading for ya's and just wondering if anybody had the same? dont really want to be buying a new pump if thats not the cause. Didnt hear the pump try to run when activating the actuator, i heard it click with the pressure applied t by pushing up and down so i know the pump is receiving pressure. What does the door handle connection actually do?

The door lock connection is there to tell the box to operate the passenger and tailgate locks, I had two problems, firstly the well known weak spot in the door wiring where there's a join and the wiring corrodes away, and secondly a duff vacuum unit in the boot, If your wiring is good then I'd suggest trying to find someone to swap the vac unit with to check the operation of yours, that's how I diagnosed mine, I think the board dies and then the relays/pump fails to operate.

The door lock connection is there to tell the box to operate the passenger and tailgate locks, I had two problems, firstly the well known weak spot in the door wiring where there's a join and the wiring corrodes away, and secondly a duff vacuum unit in the boot, If your wiring is good then I'd suggest trying to find someone to swap the vac unit with to check the operation of yours, that's how I diagnosed mine, I think the board dies and then the relays/pump fails to operate.

I was thinking it could be the pump, the wiring seems all good and im getting the voltages at the connectors. The wiring to the drivers door handle is missing but still (when it was working) locked the passenger, boot etc. I just find it strange that when i disconnected the battery then connected back up 2 hour later it the c/l worked once then never again so its intermittent somewhere. First step is a pump for cheap to test

Ive found with mine I have to lock the car then turn the key again for the central locking. Weird but I'm okay with it.

Yeah I've tried that too with other combinations but it's just random. It worked once yesterday then stopped. the full closure works but not the c/l and the wiring ok so must be the pump. Got a replacement coming tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Guest petercabrio

did this fix it, i have similar problem with mine

passenger side works fine everytime, locks both doors, door and fuel flap

drivers will work once sometimes but then nothing

wiring seems ok i am getting continuity along the length of the door

Guest petercabrio

c68e833b7dd41a9e9422410168d6e539.jpg

This is the wiring on driver side.

Again intermittent locking from thIs side, no UN locking

Passengers side works all the time everytime

Wow this is going back a bit. Had a nightmare with this but got it sorted in the end. Firstly it was the pump so replaced with a mk3 golf unit. I had a real pain with the drivers door though as the solenoid is a right bitch to get setup right. Have you tried locking and unlocking by moving the door pin that goes into solenoid? Doing this will identify straight away whether this I'd the cause. The threads on the pin that go into solenoid need to be bang on.

Ya solenoid is fooked then. If you've checked your wiring and all ok which I believe it will be as it locks. Try your passenger side on drivers and use process of illimination. Is the solenoid aftermarket as these are prone to fail