MZpog

50mm intake injector seat insert removal.

Just got my 50mm intake back from powder coating and the process has melted the bottom of the injector seat/inserts but the top part stayed in place. Fortunately I needed to replace anyway as 2 were broken.

They look like they push fit but before I go whacking them with a hammer/drift, thought I best check. I did a search and some look like push fit, some screw fit. I'm confused now as are they also look to be one piece or two piece. Is there a bottom/top part to the insert?

Couldn't find any photographs to give me a clue.

Any help would be appreciated.

If they're the bronze / copper coloured things I'm pretty sure they actually just unscrew from the manifold :) You'll need a large sized bit to fit into it then should be able to undo them?

As Jim says they are brass inserts, I used a bolt head to undo them as they are pretty big hex size. once you undo them the full lot should just come out together

This is on a 16v (lower) inlet manifold. In the manifold there are brass injector seats that screw into the manifold, which the injectors are then inserted into.

New lower injector inserts received today. I assume to fit these I just unscrew the brass guide, push the lower inserts in and then refasten the brass guide, or is there something else I need to know?

think theres some o rings in there too

Looks like I'll need to get some more bits from ebay, lol

Inserts out and now wondering if the o ring fits between these bits?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80967[/ATTACH]

just looked up a kr engine on vagcat , its in order of seal then brown insert then brass screw in cap

Cheers, you don't have the part number by any chance so I can find some on ebay.

Parts ordered so maybe I'll be able to give a review of the 50mm intake soon.

Steveo, a picture would be appreciated as I can't find one online, nor could I find the page in my Bentley

Further searching found this http://www.ebay.com/itm/MK1-2-VW-Audi-Injector-bushing-kit-with-seals-Gti-Rabbit-Scirocco-Jetta-GTi-/350352201220 ebay link with instructions:-

"When installing the fuel injector insulator bushings back into the head, snap them together, install the thin o-ring onto the bottom of the plastic cone before threading them into the head. But use blue Loctite (or similar thread locker / sealer) on the brass threads to lock and seal them into place"

O ring at bottom as per Steveo, thread lock as per above instruction.

Edited by MZpog