unomatt

Door lock change boo boo

So, bought a new door handle as mine had broken, went to change over the locks, seemed straight forward but now, because I didn't pay enough attention, I am stuck! There is a circular spring that I cannot figure out how to get back in to function properly (I assume it is to self right the lock?) Can anyone guide/show me a picture of the mechanism so I can deduce a solution?

Absolute star! THanks for that, I now have a lock barrel that turns and goes back! Unfortunately, now it's back together the key wont go in unless I press in on the back of the lock at the same time, I do not understand!!! If I take it apart it works fine, if I hold the end in the key slides in and out no issue, take pressure off the back of the lock and it won't go in all the way, got most annoyed! There doesn't seem to be any movement in the mechanism and when I push on the back it doesn't seem to particularly move anything so I am stuck. Think I may get remote central locking!!!

Thanks for that, it reassured me I foitted it correctly, still no idea what the issue is though unless the last of the tumblers is getting caught on something, it's an early lock in a late handle, not sure if that could be an issue but it sits in ok, not proud of the lock apperture or anything