Sign in to follow this  
Rossco

G60 query

Right all you G60 boys out there heres a quick question, im plannin doin a G60 transplant sometime soon so last night i was pricing up some general bits and i noticed that a G60 radiator is about twice the price of a 16 valve one. I just bought a brand new 16 valve one so can i use it?? wots the difference?

Cheers

Ross

Not sure but the G60 one is too small anyway IMO but you have to be careful to find one that will fit, especially if you have front mounted coolers etc

The G60 (I think) has a bigger, more powerful fan than the 16v. Not sure if a G60 fan housing would fit a 16v rad anyone know?

16v rad has outlet on each side and fouls the charger recirc pipe g60 rad has both outlets on battery side... i have 2nd have 2nd hand g60 rads if needed... :lol:

Not sure but the G60 one is too small anyway IMO but you have to be careful to find one that will fit, especially if you have front mounted coolers etc

Disagree STRONGLY here matey...

Having fitted a Mocal oil cooler and a nice NEW VAG radiator, my slightly messed with (!) G60 is running cooler than it did before I messed with it... 8)

The G60 rad is a good size for the 4 cylinder car and, as long as it's in good condition and not furred up inside, will happily keep your temps waaaaaayyyyy down low... 8)

Agree with Henny's comments 100%. The rad for the G60 is a dedicated item and irrespective of overall size the matrix surface area and depth has been carefully calculated in true Germanic style to cope with the cooling requirements of this engine. So good indeed is the cooling efficiency it easily copes with the cooling requirements of my 16VG60 which is way beyond the OE design spec. I strongly recommend you retain the G60 rad in your transplant, indeed it is normally an advantage to find a rad with such efficiency and so compact when carrying out transplant works.

Righty o cheers guys, darren i think i may have to have that radiator off you, how much would you like for the wonderful thing? :lol: