Jamie

Big Valve Recon Heads On Facebook

There's a bloke on Facebook that sells recon'd VR6 heads with bigger valves for €420, anyone know anything about them? Any horror stories? Sounds very cheap seeing as I've been quoted more than that to have my valve guides done...

If it was through a reputable source and not just a ''bloke on facebook'' it'd be worth looking into further. At that price though I can't envision that being a genuine professional service.

If it was through a reputable source and not just a ''bloke on facebook'' it'd be worth looking into further. At that price though I can't envision that being a genuine professional service.

Yeah know what you mean mate you usually get what you pay for but you'd be surprised sometimes. When I needed a head for my old Passat I was getting quoted £700-£900 and got a guy recommended to me who just works for himself, he charged £550 and that heads now done over 60k...

Some of the stuff these Polish guys turn out is quite remarkable for the money as well, so I'm after people that may have had one or know of them rather than "that's too cheap it's gonna be crap" type reviews :lol:

Well i know the amount of work that'll need to go into a vr6 head and the equipment needed to do it properly so that's where my point of view is coming from.

see if the facebook bloke is willing to show you round a head he's done , if theres nothing to hide then im sure he might pull a valve so you can see the work

see if the facebook bloke is willing to show you round a head he's done , if theres nothing to hide then im sure he might pull a valve so you can see the work

He does put plenty of pics up but that is a good idea. Also I've just thought - I think Redborbet (off the forum) got a recon head from Poland, maybe Tomi, which I think he was happy with. If he doesn't see this I might PM him

Yep jamie your right i did buy a recond head of tomi and he is from poland i think

The head was not a big valve jobby but it did have brand new valves put in and had been skimmed and vapour blasted

From what iv heard of the engine since its rebuild it sounds ok to me and runs silky smooth so the work on the head must have been good

I did ask tomi at the time what engine builder it was from and he said bjb i think but i had a look on the web but couldnt find anything about them

Hope thAt helps

Ah yeah I didn't think it was a big valve head you got RB (OTF) but thought I remembered you'd got one from over that way...

Really think it's time to see about changing redborbet's name.. ;)

It does need changing lol i dont know what to though

Yea jamie its not a big valve head but id like it to be haha maybe something for a winter project

I couldnt find that dude on fb can you post a link

It does need changing lol i dont know what to though

Yea jamie its not a big valve head but id like it to be haha maybe something for a winter project

I couldnt find that dude on fb can you post a link

It just needs Off The Forum adding :lol:

I don't have a link mate sorry but he advertises on the vr6oc and Corrado chat pages