Wayne2015

Passat Moonroof for 1994 VR6

One thing you need to check is the state of the guides. If you look at this first pic, shows the wear of the Black material of my broken roof. The second pic shows that the Toledo roof guides are not worn. Make sure you check these!

8e86deac4a8bd414650bfa2489ab88db.jpg

bcab03ab845e459d4d43604f08e02abb.jpg

Yeah, the silver is basically where the sliding part has worn through the black coating on the rail. What you can't see in the pic is that the silver one is black at the end where the roof doesn't often go. Make sure the one you buy is not worn through to silver

Yeah, the silver is basically where the sliding part has worn through the black coating on the rail. What you can't see in the pic is that the silver one is black at the end where the roof doesn't often go. Make sure the one you buy is not worn through to silver

Cool

If worn can u not just re-grease it?

I was more worried about snapped "slide" cable or snapped "tilt" mechanism...

The slide breaks due to the coating wearing out. The coating is very smooth. As soon as it wears, the sliding mech starts to dig into the alloy frame. In my top pic you can see its scored. I did a lot of research on this as I don't want to be doing this job twice ;)

The slide breaks due to the coating wearing out. The coating is very smooth. As soon as it wears, the sliding mech starts to dig into the alloy frame. In my top pic you can see its scored. I did a lot of research on this as I don't want to be doing this job twice ;)

Thanks bud! :thumb right:

It was straight in, although I'm going to fit a new seal and so it's coming out again soon. Toledo was early nineties to 98-99

MK1 was 1991 > 1999.

Ian.