carat1990

Wanted: Late VR6 steering rack & ABS pump

Steering rack available. Working when removed and solid. How soon do you need it as I'll be at stealth in a week or two so could meet you?? Happy to discuss via pm etc.

Still after an ABS and PAS pump for the lady :) Ta vee much x

sorry no help but where's the legoman gone that was pinching your bum... thought that was funny.... and a change of avatar too...

Someone needs to start re-making the abs pumps - seems like they are in demand and I may want one soon too! Would prefer to buy new as they often seem to be faulty - Where is the best place to get re-furbished should I need one possibly along with ecu?

Thanks

As I'm local to you, if anyone has one that they can only get to a meet I'm heading to in the coming months (stanford hall, national day, etc), happy to collect and drop it over to you in Leamington Spa as I can't imagine posting a rack and ABS pump would be cheap.

Someone needs to start re-making the abs pumps - seems like they are in demand and I may want one soon too! Would prefer to buy new as they often seem to be faulty - Where is the best place to get re-furbished should I need one possibly along with ecu?

Thanks

I think when available new they were £1200-£1400.

Early MK3 Gtis (square side repeaters on the front wings) had a similar pump and ECU (under the rear seat)

The one I fitted last week had a diffeerent part number to the one I removed hence needing time for evaluation etc

Golf VR6 has the same PAS pump

I think when available new they were £1200-£1400.

Early MK3 Gtis (square side repeaters on the front wings) had a similar pump and ECU (under the rear seat)

The one I fitted last week had a diffeerent part number to the one I removed hence needing time for evaluation etc

Golf VR6 has the same PAS pump

How much!!!!! Arghhhhhhh! No wonder they stopped making them no one would buy them lol! Will look into getting a refurb done after I try stamping on the brakes a few times incase they do just need a clear out - will also make sure battery is fully charged as did have some electrical issues which are now sorted that were draining the battery!

How much!!!!! Arghhhhhhh! No wonder they stopped making them no one would buy them lol! Will look into getting a refurb done after I try stamping on the brakes a few times incase they do just need a clear out - will also make sure battery is fully charged as did have some electrical issues which are now sorted that were draining the battery!

To exercise the valves in the pump the light needs to be off (fully working ABS) before heavy braking, the fluid in mine was filthy

IMGP3580.jpg

First bleed on the right

Well will give it a try - fluid should be all good as was only changed 2 months ago and as the ABS light is intermittent so im sure I can get it to be off and then try "exercising" the brakes - I do like that phrase! By this do you mean pick up a bit of speed and slam the anchors on and repeat a few times?

Oh and it looks like your had your brakes filled with extra virgin olive oil!

Well will give it a try - fluid should be all good as was only changed 2 months ago and as the ABS light is intermittent so im sure I can get it to be off and then try "exercising" the brakes - I do like that phrase! By this do you mean pick up a bit of speed and slam the anchors on and repeat a few times?

Yes make the ABS work and get the brake pedal pulsing as the pump does its stuff

Thanks Dox - will do and thanks for the advice - I will take her to the gym with me tonight and give her a work out on the way home!

Oh and it looks like your had your brakes filled with extra virgin olive oil!

I've just bled the brakes on my newly aquired T5 and the fluid looks like coca-cola, I've never seen anything like it!

And sorry Carrot1990 for hogging you wanted post! All please be aware ABS pump is wanted!!! And admin feel free to delete my waffle!

I have 2 Abs pumps complete with modules. Both bought form this site over the years. I never fitted them myself just had as spares. No longer needed as I have broken the car. Asking £100 each delivered. Thanks