Jim Bowen

Tailgate seal?

Need a new tailgate seal, i see on VW heritage its £105 = rip-off.

Is there any other option or maybe a trim from another car that works? (have a funny feeling this subject came up recently)

Looking on ebay, the seal for other cars are from £15-£40 which seems a more realistic price.

That site looks great. Nice one.

Will have to measure the original one but am sure one of the ones on there will work. Might do doors as well at that price.

The door seal ones look quite good, according to this forum.

I need to do mine at some point, but not sure if I should go OE as they are available from VW heritage or sealsdirect and save half the cost.

wow jim

thought originally you meant the one that went around the glass.

It always seems to be something that people dont want from breakers as they dont seem to get damaged as teh door ones do

Yes I tried the boot seal back in 2013 from Sealsdirect, it didn't fit right, but like I say that was back in 2013 they may have updated their stock ?

But I can confirm the door seals from Sealsdirect do fit, the only small snag is you might have a small gap, between the trim and seal inside the car that is, the outer part of seal that presses against the doors in perfect.

You need about 8 foot and the guy I spoke to chucked in for free some rubber tube to help seal the two connecting half's.

Si

Oh yeah also if you mention that you're on the Corrado Forum when you speak to them, they'll probably do you a deal on price as well.

I think I paid £68 or £70 for the 8 foot long rubber seal for the door frames.

You simply cut the seal in half so you'll then in theory have two 4 foot long pieces, then trim back the excess when fitting them.

Si