ryanb1031

*Help Passenger side door won't open !!!

Hi all, i have searched for some threads on corrado doors not working and I've only come across the broken latch problem. I don't believe my latch is broken and the handle is still on the door. Here is the issue:

When i put the key in the door and turn key to open lock, i can visibly see both locks going up (The fuel tank cover also opens) . At this point i can open the driver side door but i can not open the passenger side.

I tried turning the key on the passenger side door from the outside and the lock goes up but when pulling gone the handle the door doesn't budge. I even tried opening the passenger side door from in side and it still does t budge.

Any ideas on what might be the problem and how i can fix it?

I don't want to keep pulling on t

If you sit into the car and lock it.

Then pull the interior door handle on the passenger side to get a feel for the resistance on it. Do the same for the drivers interior door handle.

Then unlock the car and check both handles and report back here.

Also check is there much resistance if you try to unlock the doors using the door lock pull.

\Paddy

Edited by paddy26

If you sit into the car and lock it.

Then pull the interior door handle on the passenger side to get a feel for the resistance on it. Do the same for the drivers interior door handle.

Then unlock the car and check both handles and report back here.

Also check is there much resistance if you try to unlock the doors using the door lock pull.

\Paddy

I tried locking the door while I was inside and tried to open the passenger door by pulling the lever, I don't feel no tension/resistance at all when pulling on the door handle from the inside. How ever I can feel a little tension when opening the driver side door which I can open from both the inside and outside.

long shot but worth trying b4 ripping door card off, winde down window all way, pull off interior trim across window , will be tricky with door card on, this will expose a gap into door and might allow you access to the latch , look for where the rods go with torch, , might be able to push latch down with a bent coat hanger etc , failing that try n remove door card

long shot but worth trying b4 ripping door card off, winde down window all way, pull off interior trim across window , will be tricky with door card on, this will expose a gap into door and might allow you access to the latch , look for where the rods go with torch, , might be able to push latch down with a bent coat hanger etc , failing that try n remove door card

I was able to get it open today! All i did was drop the window then used some WD-40 and sprayed some on the latch mechanism inside of the door. I used a coat hanger to push down on the latch and then put the key into the door and gave it a few turns and the lock came all the way up, viola the door popped open. I think the mechanism just need some lubrication to get the parts moving. I can open it from both the inside and out now. Just to be safe i did the same to the driver side so that it wouldn't get stuck either.

Thank you all for your help!