JSchollar

All good things come to those who wait...

Good evening ladies and gentlemen.

My name is James, from Suffolk, and whilst I have been lurking on this forum for a very long time, I've never had the pleasure of owning a Corrado, until yesterday.

I've spent many years looking on eBay, auto trader, the classifieds on here and elsewhere but I couldn't find what I wanted, which was a low(ish) mileage, unmolested example. My luck turned as I was on the brink of buying a 2.0 16v project (no MOT, history etc) when I discovered it was a CAT D. A brief chat with a colleague unearthed an excellent 1994 2.0 16v with only 96k, with an MOT, full history. Bingo.

And here she is:

F77A5C04-C20F-4B25-A4E4-DE59C8384686_zpscpizv1dj.jpg

Excuse the trade plates, but working for Volkswagen has its advantages! Apart from a slightly blowing exhaust, some minor rust and some very warn front suspension bushes, she's perfect. I will get some more pictures tomorrow, but she's up on the ramp getting a thorough healt check in the morning.

Anyway, I hope having another (rare, I gather) Ice Grey Violet Pearl Effect valver amongst you is welcome. I can't wait to get involved and enjoy owning this machine. I'm sure I'll meet some great people on the way.

Till the next time!

Welcome to the forum.

Ice Grey is a nice, uncommon colour (not to mention one of my all time favourites!) and you certainly don't see many 2.0 16v's painted in it. What are your plans for the car? You sound like someone likely to keep it fairly original rather than go down the route of heavy modification!

Welcome to the forum.

Ice Grey is a nice, uncommon colour (not to mention one of my all time favourites!) and you certainly don't see many 2.0 16v's painted in it. What are your plans for the car? You sound like someone likely to keep it fairly original rather than go down the route of heavy modification!

Thank you Jim, I'm pleased to hear it's a little more exclusive as it stands. Not that Im fussed about value, but I love to have something different.

Plans are to make her as original as possible, so no silly modifications. She's had some of the useful stuff done, so the headlights are excellent, but could do with more of the basic upgrades (lupo wipers etc). Everything works thankfully, so no worries with sunroof or spoiler. The previous owner had it for 11 years and was meticulous.

The only major work the car will receive will be bodywork and suspension, so I she will be very slightly lower, new ARBs and a dashing of polybush. Purely for driving pleasure, that was the idea, right?

Like I say, bodywork isn't the greatest, rusty drivers door and passenger front wing, but underneath is solid. A rust free door and wing were included along with new belts and vacuum hoses. A few things to get on with.

To sum it up, original, but better.

Thank you Jim, I'm pleased to hear it's a little more exclusive as it stands. Not that Im fussed about value, but I love to have something different.

Plans are to make her as original as possible, so no silly modifications. She's had some of the useful stuff done, so the headlights are excellent, but could do with more of the basic upgrades (lupo wipers etc). Everything works thankfully, so no worries with sunroof or spoiler. The previous owner had it for 11 years and was meticulous.

The only major work the car will receive will be bodywork and suspension, so I she will be very slightly lower, new ARBs and a dashing of polybush. Purely for driving pleasure, that was the idea, right?

Like I say, bodywork isn't the greatest, rusty drivers door and passenger front wing, but underneath is solid. A rust free door and wing were included along with new belts and vacuum hoses. A few things to get on with.

To sum it up, original, but better.

Music to my ears :)

Thank you guys!

The colour grows on me the more I see it. I'm lucky the paint is in such good condition, but it will need a fair bit of paint to make it right.

I'll get some more pictures up and create a thread in the members gallery soon enough. It'll be a long (and expensive...) refurbishment but it will be worth it!

Had the Corrado in the air today and a quick road test with the technician. A few things are wrong, rear brakes, fuel lines, a few bushes and ball joints, but nothing overly major.

I'll get it through an MOT soon to see what is needed for that, but I'm happier than I was expecting to be!

Thanks mate!

Where are you based? I've seen a few corrados around Suffolk over the years but not many. I try to keep my eyes peeled for them.

We get the odd couple come into work, one VR6 with 23k miles from new....

Nice looking car and Colour,

that reminds me I've got a set of those wheels somewhere, I am tempted to fit them and take of my street fighters.

PS have you found yourself walking past your Corrado and glancing at it,

I'm still doing it now after 13 years, lol

Si

Thanks Si.

Funnily enough the wheels are the one thing I'm not so sure about. I know they're original but I just fancy something else. We'll see.

I can't get away from it! It's currently sat at my work and I can't help but walk past every now and again.

Thanks mate!

Where are you based? I've seen a few corrados around Suffolk over the years but not many. I try to keep my eyes peeled for them.

We get the odd couple come into work, one VR6 with 23k miles from new....

im from claydon, you work at wolsey then?

im from claydon, you work at wolsey then?

Small world eh!

I live in Stonham Aspal, so not far from you at all.

I do indeed, although they've dropped Wolsey in favour of Ipswich Volkswagen. The car is sat up there for an MOT on Thursday, that's when I find out what's needed to get it back on the road.

Welcome, will keep an eye out for you around town.

Thanks mate, the car has been through and MOT and a few things to sort. The list has begun!

Will start a thread once work commences.

What can I look for with your car around town? Always keep my eyes peeled!

Nice one, I've got a 96 Green VR on BBS RC's

I'll keep my eyes peeled :)

Looks tidy;)

They always do from a distance ;)

Work begins next week, so will start my thread over in the members gallery.