Teddylfc

Door mirror glass

Hi

Has anyone fitted blue tinted door mirror glass. If so any advice on which ones to buy. Seen a few on ebay but worried I will be wasting my money.

Any help would be great.

there's a few threads around on different glasses, convex and so on too, some are pretty good but ideally you need patience to remove the original glass from its plastic backing

I bought some of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PASSENGER-LEFT-BLUE-TINT-FLAT-HEATED-P-WING-MIRROR-GLASS-VW-CORRADO-88-95-/330947219162?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Model%3ACorrado&hash=item4d0dfdceda

There's a description on the ebay page as to glass shape and if it comes with a plastic plate or not. I got plastic plates with mine. Pretty generic and would be better to keep the originals but they work fine. You just need to stick them in the right place to make sure they line up properly as the glass does seem a little smaller than the original.

The blue tint does make a difference. For 10 quid, I recommend. I think they sometimes do a buy one get one half price too.

Thanks for that. I bought some and now it's just a case of taking of the old glass and sticking them on. Sounds so easy lol

Ta for your help

do the new glass mirrors have that same magnified effect if you know what i mean? , recently had to reverse into a tight drive and found the mirrors to be very deceptive!