Sign in to follow this  
Dub Style

2.0 8v G60??

hi all, i've heard that some G60 owners have swapped their standard 1.8 block for the 2.0 8 valve block, is this possible, are the blocks the same design but just bigger capacity, or is there alot of conversion work involved......

also where is the paint code on corrados.

Regards.

can't help you with the G60 Q......but you should find yer paint code in 2 places............1 on a sticker in the boot if its missing its 99.9% likely to have been rear-ended rather than a previous owner taking it off tho don't totally rule that one out........and the 2nd place to find yer paint code is on the inner OSF wing hidden beside where the airbox is.....it should be a orangey-reddish kind of sticker with the paint name in German and i think the colour code too

hi all, i've heard that some G60 owners have swapped their standard 1.8 block for the 2.0 8 valve block, is this possible, are the blocks the same design but just bigger capacity, or is there alot of conversion work involved.....

Possible? yes... lots of work to get it to be any good? you betcha! :?

The PG (G60) engine block is one of the best out of all the VW blocks as it has uprated oil and water ways and has the piston crown oil squirters to keep the piston tops cool... (the 1H (rallye) is better still due to uprated headbolts and mounting bolts)

Any other engine block is not going to be as good for oil flow and cooling as the specific G60 blocks.

However, some tuners (TSR for example) do what is basically the 2.0 Van engine as a conversion which some people I've spoken to really like... If you have a look in my member's gallery (click on J-DUB in my sig below) there's a big discussion which may help you understand things a little better... ;) :D

Hope this helps, and good luck! :D