Sign in to follow this  
dubster82

reckon merc will be willing to sell these easily?

well if you've got the cash i can't see why they wouldn't..............its only the likes of BMW that need a bona-fide M3 or any other M-series chassis number to get the proper Motorsport parts.....well they did a few years back.............though i reckon merc might be the same if it was AMG -model specific bits.....but as its Karmann stuff probably more easier to obtain :wink:

maybe some car manufacturers are well piccy casue we had major problems tryin to get a badge from mitsubishi, wnated chassis codes and everything!! :roll:

maybe some car manufacturers are well piccy casue we had major problems tryin to get a badge from mitsubishi, wnated chassis codes and everything!! :roll:

thats more than likely a throw back to the grey-import issues mitsibushi had a few years back when they were very reluctant to help owners of grey-import mitsu's

im not actually too sure what its off of now tbh.....

itwas in with lots of pics of the spanking new SLR at the NEC motorshow, but i cant see on the car, where that badge would be...

im not so sure now..

nice badge tho,, id have one

im not actually too sure what its off of now tbh.....

itwas in with lots of pics of the spanking new SLR at the NEC motorshow, but i cant see on the car, where that badge would be...

im not so sure now..

nice badge tho,, id have one

SLK,CLK etc are/were built by Karmann

thats more than likely a throw back to the grey-import issues mitsibushi had a few years back when they were very reluctant to help owners of grey-import mitsu's

tis a badge of a UK spec pickup

tho a spec'd up ltd edition one at that... :lol:

well kiddies

time for a game off pin the badge on the supercar

anyone see it on the bodywork??

errrr well it deffo won't be that one..................thats made in the UK :wink:......or before i get crucified for us SCOTS taking credit.....its actually made in ENGLAND :roll: :wink: :-P :-P

did have a sneaky suspiscion on that with the whole mclaren thing......

wasnt sure thrn,,,

wonder where that damn badge comes from then....

did have a sneaky suspiscion on that with the whole mclaren thing......

wasnt sure thrn,,,

wonder where that damn badge comes from then....

CLK or SLK then :wink:

I recon its off an SLK just behind the bottom of the passenger side door,Thats where they put the Kompressor badges. The seem line looks like it runs towards the door of the SLKs at the same point too.

Cheers Fraser

I recon its off an SLK just behind the bottom of the passenger side door,Thats where they put the Kompressor badges. The seem line looks like it runs towards the door of the SLKs at the same point too.

Cheers Fraser

yeah i was thinking that too...........BUT the pics of the mk1 SLK i've looked at all seem to have black sills..........unless of course its the latest style ones :?

This could be the car we are looking for...

Mercedes C Class Karmann Cabriolet! :)

Ive got it now,Its off the mk1 SLK but its not behind the door its in front of the drivers door (ie,towards the front of the car). Some pics iv seen have the black sills,some have body coloured side skirts, But some have just the body coloured sills,like the pic.

You still heading to Kames this sunday Roddy?

Cheers Fraser

This could be the car we are looking for...

Mercedes C Class Karmann Cabriolet! :)

good try jim.........but the curverture of the door isn't as pronouced as in the pic with the Karmann logo :wink:

Doh :)

Well I emailed a guy off another forum that I know of who works for Mercedes-Benz parts counter at a dealership.. he doesn't actually know me, but I know he works for em.. so I hope he gets back to me with a little info. Though I have thrown him astray by jumping the gun and telling him it was the C Class Cabrio... :(

You still heading to Kames this sunday Roddy?

Cheers Fraser

yeah should be there......AFAIK skid will be coming down too :wink:

Doh :)

Well I emailed a guy off another forum that I know of who works for Mercedes-Benz parts counter at a dealership.. he doesn't actually know me, but I know he works for em.. so I hope he gets back to me with a little info. Though I have thrown him astray by jumping the gun and telling him it was the C Class Cabrio... :(

ahem.........pretty sure its the convertible version of the sports-coupe......not the C-class.......sorry mega-anorak mode :study: on tonite jim :roll: :wink: :wink:

anyway i bet after all this head-scratching it turns out to be just a design-study "one-off"presentation by Karmann(the coachbuilders that is..... not fraser :-P )

This is going to annoy me untill i find out for sure where that badge is!

Good to hear bout kames Roddy,so will both Cs be there or travelling together?

Cheers Fraser