TanVr6

Tan's Blackberry VR

The problem with the place in Cov, whilst they're excellent, is the waiting time. My boss had his MK2 Scirocco booked in there - was booked in 6 months ahead of dropping it off. He dropped it off earlier in the year and has been told it's going to be about a year before they even start on it! So... unfortunately... you might as well write them off. I wanted to use them too (owner is good friends with my family) but he's utterly snowed under.

good info thanks Jim & saves me fuel going to see them

if i can afford it i would like to have it done by a place that guarantees their work. i spent 600 hard saved notes getting the bonnet & both sides done a few years ago but am now suffering due to their poor work.

if i could i would get my friend who restores camper vans to do it as i know i could get the exact job i want & gain some experiencing helping along the way but it just isnt feasible

wow that paint looks awesome Tan

would you mind sending me a PM with info about where done, what done & how much please (including window rubbers etc if possible)?

i am due some money soon & am now hunting for a good paint shop for the VR. am hoping for full respray, glass out & maybe installation of a Kamei front/rear/side skirts

wendy has very kindly sent me info about the place she used in Cov & i am waiting for more info from EJ about the place his dad works in oxford

also, i have found a classic car restoration place literally 3 minutes form my house

I used a place in Cannock called chase automotive.

They come recommended aswell, work is very good.

I will pm you more details

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used a place in Cannock called chase automotive.

They come recommended aswell, work is very good.

I will pm you more details

excellent thanks Tan that would be very much appreciated :)

Hi Tan i too would be grateful if you could pm me the cost and the work you had carried out if you don't mind? I recently had my A-pillar rust repaired and the roof painted on my blackberry vr at premier autos in Hednesford. They made a good job but it would be nice to see a price comparison to get the rest of the car done. Cheers

Need some new top mounts and current coilovers have seen better days!!!

They are currently FK coilies,

Been on the car for approx. 10 years.

I'm thinking KW V3s or Bilstein PSS9 or Koni???

Also standard top mounts or other?

I can vouch for koni's been running them for 14 ys no issues but think they might be out of production and I've always used standard factory top Mount's!

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

B12s on mine has to get slightly larger top mounts ....can't remember size or part number.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys

So that's 1 for Bilstein

1 for Koni

I bought mine in line direct from Germany and saved loads .... but pound was stronger against Euro then

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Had a quick flick through your thread awesome car love the colour cant wait to see you progress the project further!

Had a quick flick through your thread awesome car love the colour cant wait to see you progress the project further!

Thank you!

Time and dedication is the key.

Coilovers next, I'm leaning towards KW V3 or Bilstein

Coilovers next, I'm leaning towards KW V3 or Bilstein

definitely KW's Tan - IMO

my V1's are still going strong after 6 years & about 70K miles - just wish i had the finance when i brought them to get the 2's or 3's

no disrespect to Bilstein but the reason i chose KW was due to them making & supplying the suspension for the cars which race in the Porsche Carrera Cup

Hi, saw your car at Edition at the weekend, just wanted to drop a note to say of all the corrados there yours and the blue 1.8t with the 20v badges on stood out head and shoulders above, true inspirations

definitely KW's Tan - IMO

my V1's are still going strong after 6 years & about 70K miles - just wish i had the finance when i brought them to get the 2's or 3's

no disrespect to Bilstein but the reason i chose KW was due to them making & supplying the suspension for the cars which race in the Porsche Carrera Cup

Thanks

I might have to go for V3s then

Don't like to regret things later!

Hi, saw your car at Edition at the weekend, just wanted to drop a note to say of all the corrados there yours and the blue 1.8t with the 20v badges on stood out head and shoulders above, true inspirations

Thanks

Shame the judges didn't think that.

Didn't even get top 3 in Corrado class

No discredit to the guys, there Corrados were very clean.

Thanks

I might have to go for V3s then

Don't like to regret things later!

Those V3s look sweet but I think the V1s might be more realistic for me. I'd not heard of these and had thought Bilstiens were the way to go. Anyone else using KW?

Those V3s look sweet but I think the V1s might be more realistic for me. I'd not heard of these and had thought Bilstiens were the way to go. Anyone else using KW?

the V2's are adjustable in ride too ;)

there are quite a few on here with KW i believe

i think often people are put off by the cost but suspension is key to good handling & IMO should not be skimped on - not saying that bilstein is skimping though

Hi Guys,

Looking to give the Rado a Service over the Christmas holidays.

Can anyone recommend decent spark plugs from Euro/GSF?

I've heard good things about the NGK plugs.

I have Audi TT Platinum plugs at the moment.

Hey Tan. I think the recommended (and OEM) plug for the VR6 is the NGK BKR5EKUP. I've always run these and they seem to last forever and the engine always runs nice and smooth with them. Pretty sure you can get these from ECP.

Hi Tan,

Think I saw you in your Rado a couple of weeks ago around Sandwell hospital area.

Car looked nice, even though it was dark.

Thanks guys, I was thinking of getting the recommended from ecp, but after reading a few threads, I am leaning towards the recommendation of opieoils, including one of the Miller Oils and Mahle filter

Plus the standard NGK plugs over the platinum.

The last plugs change i had was from Stealth and they used TT plugs, if my memory serves me correct.

Yes it probably was me around those dual carriageways. Good long open roads. ;)