carrots

ap coilovers

Yeah I had them on my last VR6 and they were fine. Trying not to spend to much more on this one so they will suit it for what I need. I have KW1's on my other car and have to admit they have been brilliant.

Folks, got my set last night and fitted the although Im not so sure on the bolt arrangement on the rear.

The shocks came with two nuts at the top and on the koni stuff I took of there was 3 nuts. So basically I removed one of the nuts to use for holding down the upper top mount and there is nothing to now hold down the metal plate at the top of the shock. The nuts used in the Koni stuff are too big. I asked DPM and they said its correct they only come with two nuts.

What have folks done when fitting these coilovers, I cant remember having this issue when fitting the first set a few years back?

I had similar hassle.. the bolts that came off my old shocks were the wrong size. The threads on the AP's though are the same as VW OE shocks, so if you can find the part number for the bolts on ETKA, you can just order them from VW and they'll be right. I needed one more nut per side, to put that last little circular plate in place.