Sign in to follow this  
furious5

MK2 Golf Pricing

Looking to step up to Corrado status fairly soon, my only problem is that I need to get rid of my MK2 8v first with limited parking space outside the house it will soon cause problems.

I know quite a few people on here have had MK2's and was wondering what sort of price I should be realistically expecting.

I posted this on Performance VW as well, but won't hold my breath for replies from there.

H plate MK2 8v, in gun metal grey. 106K

It has some history, has a few stone chips on the bonnet and a few rust scabs around the boot standard steel wheels which are showing some rust.

Other than that, Piranha alarm, Kenwood MD player and the interior is pretty much mint.

I was thinking somewhere around £800 - £1000.

sounds about right! to me the 8v always seem to sell well at this price..... saying that i just sold my mk2 16v for £2200 on the clubgti website.

Scott

It was a nice MK2 thats why! - I think we spoke briefly about it via email but in the meantime something else came up.

my mates just sold a red 3 door 1990 G plate 8v for £1100 and that was a bit of a minger to say the least!

oh ok mate well give it ago! you dont have anything to loose get a pic or two of it and put it up on a site! there are loads of people after mk2's

I sold my white 8v 3dr with 92k for £1150. It had uprated suspension, exhaust and cam etc. I could have probably sold it for 100-200 more though.

I sold my F reg MK2 16V for £5K a couple of years ago :lol:

But then it was a Stealth built Turbo Technics jobbie :wink:

18 months ago I got £1,500 for my 90 spec, power steering, leccy window'd, FVWSH, lowered, induction kitted red 8v with 65k on.

Think I should have got more in retrospect, but needed some cash for Corrado stuff :)

1990 i remeber seeing this for sale it was a really nice looking mototr i had to agree didnt you have it up for closer to 4k at one point!!!! i was very tempted!!!!! would of bit your hand off for 2800 though!

scott

Good that's mint! If it would have been for sale now I'd of been over like yesterday to buy it!!!

I hope you don't mind me saying so Ian, but that's quite a flattering photo of your old mk2, it wasn't that mint up close really.

Still looks good tho :lol:

My Corrado is full of flaws close up but looks as clean as that from a distance, which is all that really matters to me imo. I'm not into S&S, mine's a daily driver......