Sign in to follow this  
kongo127

Golf Gti G60!!! Tuned to Hell!!!

it's only GEARED to do that speed though... :?

Looks like a mental bit of kt though... 8)

well he prob could get more if he run a screw charger instead of 2 G-60 laders as he is prob losing 50bhp + easily

but then a 16vg60 does always looks sweet

i wander if ill ever have one :roll: :lol: :D :wink:

na alex you probally will bolt a TURBO on the manifold as well as ya supercharger.... :wink:

then you will get the best of both worlds. also u will have a fair be of BOOST

mind you i don't think the corrado rear end will fit all those extra badges

SUPERTURBOCHARGER :lol: :lol:

sweeeeeeeet

has any tuning company tried a supercharger along with a turbo... ????

Wonder how much total boost he's getting, 2bar? nice!! Must be using hulk sized injectors and a modified ecu if not aftermarket.

(wonder if he has digi-lag?!?!?!?! :lol: )

Ah, that answers that then! I always thought the alty goes where his second charger is on 16V Step-Lader conversions?

yep if you have air con pump or want the original setup :D

sadly i wanted to prove a point so i put it under the charger

just me being different :roll: :lol: :mrgreen: :D

completey away from the VAG scene but nissan did a 1 ltr super turbo special with sumit like 130bhp,

completey away from the VAG scene but nissan did a 1 ltr super turbo special with sumit like 130bhp,

sir Rob kisby has done exactlly this with his awesome mk2...

....and pretty sure one of the italian marques(lancia i think) had a supercharger/turbocharger combo on a rally car.........think it was lancia's ill-fated gruppe-B one IIRC

Yep the Delta Integrale Evo 4 I think.

The perfect solution that is..... Crank driven FI for speeds up to 4000 rpm and then let a dustbin lid sized turbo take over.

Lancia where also the first to design and implement an assymetric, shared head V engine. But it was only a VR4 and not as compact or reliable as VW's VR6.

The Itallians are certainly innovative but they just don't have the German's way of making things last.

The French are the cleverest engineers, they designed the G Lader after all, but again, only the Germans had the technology to mass produce it.

And whilst Haywire is on a roll........if it wasn't for the 2 world wars, Forced induction and multivalve heads wouldn't exist today.

K

Yep the Delta Integrale Evo 4 I think.

The perfect solution that is..... Crank driven FI for speeds up to 4000 rpm and then let a dustbin lid sized turbo take over.

Lancia where also the first to design and implement an assymetric, shared head V engine. But it was only a VR4 and not as compact or reliable as VW's VR6.

The Itallians are certainly innovative but they just don't have the German's way of making things last.

The French are the cleverest engineers, they designed the G Lader after all, but again, only the Germans had the technology to mass produce it.

And whilst Haywire is on a roll........if it wasn't for the 2 world wars, Forced induction and multivalve heads wouldn't exist today.

K

na mate this was the S4 or similar. :? :? ........t'was in the mid-80's prior to the original 8v integrale :wink:

Wonder how much total boost he's getting, 2bar? nice!! Must be using hulk sized injectors and a modified ecu if not aftermarket.

(wonder if he has digi-lag?!?!?!?! :lol: )

HAHAHAHA :lol: :lol:

Nah mate, it was a Nissan Micra called the "super turbo" but was only turbo charged.... confused quite a few people! ;) :lol: :roll:

Turbo + supercharger = Compound charging... Very trick, quite difficult to balance properly, and rarely done well.... IIRC TrendyTramp has done this to the mental red spaceframe/rollcaged MKII shell which was at inters both last and this year in various states of completeness... 8)

I first read about this about 9 years ago (sheesh! was it really that long ago! :oops: :crazyeyes: )while at Uni trying to work out what to do with my dead 1.6GTI engine (con-rod through block kinda dead :roll: ) and I found an article about an American bloke who'd done the compound charging using a clever bit of electronics and an electric clutch on the supercharger to stop it over revving.... 8) Very trick, and VERY effective... 8) Nearly 1000BHP IIRC! :D :? (based on a Yank V8 to be fair... )

Nah mate, it was a Nissan Micra called the "super turbo" but was only turbo charged.... confused quite a few people! ;) :lol: :roll:

Sorry but you're the one that's been confused :wink: The "super turbo" was fitted with a supercharger and turbo, http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/497862

The other production car was the Lancia Delta S4 but there are also quite a few Mk1 supercharged MR2's that have also had turbo's added.

WOAH! :crazyeyes: All the details I'd seen before on that car were that it was just a turbo'd Micra... :? That's a well cool car then, and I happily stand corrected... 8)

was it not ina zany film years and years ago, with summat like chakie chan in it?? :?:

Nah, you're thinking of the Subaru in "The Cannonball run" ;) :D :lol: (the one with the night vision and the rocket engine in the back! ;) )