Gregor81

Hello everyone!

Hello to all!

Just wanted to introduce my self and my corrado! Being an avid VW fan with a few under my belt this time I've got the one I always wanted! A Corrado! And here it is.....

[ATTACH]81722[/ATTACH]

It is need of some body work, but mechanically its in excellent shape! 95 M with only 3 previous owners and a absolute stack of history (VW stamped up until 140k!)

It's a 2.0 16v, spoiler works as it should but the sunroof sadly doesn't! But it'll be fixed in time! Well as luck would have it I work at a body shop for a living and as of tomorrow night the big shake down will happen and I'm hoping to have it stripped, repaired, painted and all back together by this Sunday! So wish me luck! I'll keep updated with pictures this week as it progresses!

Any tips on mods or things to look out for greatly received!

Thanks

Welcome! Nice looking car, everyone I see on here makes mine look like a dog! Nice to see another valver though :) Is that a sneaky Ferrari 308 in the background too?

Thanks mate! Dude believe me the pictures lie!! It's not a gem!

Yes well spotted! A 308 GTS got it in for some work! I'm lucky we do quite a few special cars. Here is a few more...

[ATTACH]81723[/ATTACH]

F430

[ATTACH]81724[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81725[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81726[/ATTACH]

Lamborghini gallardo superleggera took apart on the guys drive, parts taken back to work and bumpers and bonnet painted! Owner wanted the lower diffuser colour coding and chips taken out of the bonnet.

[ATTACH]81727[/ATTACH]

Ferrari 512BB

Ferrari 412

[ATTACH]81728[/ATTACH]

Our integrale evo1 having the full works

[ATTACH]81729[/ATTACH]

Maserati we repainted

[ATTACH]81730[/ATTACH]

My little girl in a testarossa

And my favourite.....

Lamborghini Diablo!!

[ATTACH]81731[/ATTACH]

Wow! Lucky you getting to work with those beauties!! At least we know where to come if we want paintwork.

Where you based?

Corrado looks tidy on the pic, keep us updated as you go.

I'm in Northampton mate, not really, like I said the pictures are telling many fibs! But it's exactly what I wanted! I was after a corrado that needed some love! Well I'm starting tomorrow night so more pictures will follow! It'll be in bits and I'll get some more pictures on! Wanting to do it properly so wings will be off, doors off etc and paint the shell!

And so the work has began! Got it 90% stripped tonight! Get the wings off tomorrow and get repairing it all!!

[ATTACH]81732[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81733[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81734[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81735[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81736[/ATTACH]

I'll keep it updated as I go! Found a few bits I wasn't over the moon with but for a 20 year old car I'm impressed everything came undone! Everything was still original which I liked, door membranes in one piece, all screw caps etc all there, no nasty wiring etc just a bit more surface corrosion now it's apart, but I was genuinely impressed with the amount of under seal and cavity wax applied from factory!

I don't know how you get anything done with all those ferraris about! I'd just spend the days sitting in them and dreaming.

I don't know how you get anything done with all those ferraris about! I'd just spend the days sitting in them and dreaming.

Like anything mate the novelty wears off! We've had a few cars come through that I've liked etc, but for now I'm focused on my old corrado!

And for tonight's progress! Sadly the heavy under seal hides a few bits of corrosion but all taken out and repaired! Wings off and started repairing some panels!

[ATTACH]81745[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81746[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81747[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81748[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81749[/ATTACH]

All shots are mid progress, but hopefully by tomorrow night I'll be in primer/ready for priming Friday, prep and paint Saturday, back together Sunday all done! That's my plan anyway!

Great work, you don't mess about do you!

Why is the bottom half of the rear bumper masked off?

The bottom half is masked as I'll be using a very high build primer and I don't want to block bits I don't need to! Save myself some work really!

So tonight's work...

Got all the factory sealed off the inside of the front wings ready for some proper repairs and some new metal in places, got the back arches welded, drives door all pin pulled back out! Tomorrow night, rub down the skim of filler and get priming the shell, prime the wings and bonnet etc and paint it Saturday and put it all back together Sunday fingers crossed!

[ATTACH]81757[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81758[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81759[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81760[/ATTACH]

So had another busy night, got my wings all repaired and replaced the rotten metal with new stuff, all the scabby bits all sorted good block down and into the booth for a full prime! A solid 3 coats of primer filler (hi build) to allow me to block it to death tomorrow so as its arrow straight!

[ATTACH]81762[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81763[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81764[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81765[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81766[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81767[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81768[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81769[/ATTACH]

Looking good. Do you ever sleep. I had repaired and painted the drivers side within 2 weeks of owning the mine and thought that was going some. But you have taken it to a whole new level. Good luck and welcome.

Looking good. Do you ever sleep. I had repaired and painted the drivers side within 2 weeks of owning the mine and thought that was going some. But you have taken it to a whole new level. Good luck and welcome.

If I get chance I have a snooze! So today, seam sealed all the wings, sills, applied oe stone chip protection, to the sills but I also did the lips on the front wings and qtr panels, also reapplied to various panels on the car, rear panel, boot floor etc. then one last guide coat and a block then paint! Here is how it stands as of right now....

[ATTACH]81778[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81779[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81780[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81781[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81782[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81783[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81784[/ATTACH]

So tomorrow is the big fit up! Match sticks in my eye lids and away I go!

Wow, must be the quickest full paint job ever!

Is it classic green? It looks darker. Also the paint looks completely orange peel free!

Top job!

Always makes me so happy seeing another Corrado getting this sort of treatment :) Paint looks like glass! Lovely.

Wow, must be the quickest full paint job ever!

Is it classic green? It looks darker. Also the paint looks completely orange peel free!

Top job!

Yes mate it's classic green, it's dark as it was still wet, I've not baked it so as it doesn't pull in etc, 3.5ltrs of clear on that! Painted it in water based (solvent can react to old repairs) and water tends to give a really nice shimmer I find!

Mate I've put some hours in this week, if I've not done 50hrs on top of my working week to get this done!

Still got lots to do mind, recovering the headlining, need to get the recaro's I've got re trimmed to match etc and sort inside out, I'm taking all the factory under seal off at some point before winter and re applying it, then I'll start with powder coating all suspension, axles etc! Fingers crossed it'll be a real gem soon!

Always makes me so happy seeing another Corrado getting this sort of treatment :) Paint looks like glass! Lovely.

You wait till I've given it a good flat and a buff! I used a whole heap of lacquer so I can flat it to death! Mate I adore corrado's I've decided in going to keep buying them in need of love, rescue them and just keep them, VR6 once this is all done!

Don't suppose you've tried carpro's velvet and denim pads by chance? Gonna pop that cherry early weeeeeeeeek :S