SR_Neale

Permanent live

I have noticed that my cig lighter and radio are both on permanent lives is this correct on a 92 g60 or do I have an issue. It hasn't been a problem till now but will need some thing to run my remote wire for the amp off of. Any suggestions as to what I could use instead. Cheers

your head unit should have a permanent live & a switchable live connection - the former is to retain memory settings etc

it should also have a remote wire output for you to connect the amp remote wire to

does the wiring behind the stereo have the factory connectors or have they been cut?

The wires are still intact. Have fitted new radio today and it turns off when the key is removed. Will have to read the instructions (pls excuse the swear word) to see about remote wire. Any idea what size the front door speakers are?

If you tune your radio stations in, does the settings stay when you switch off with key then back on again?

The front speakers are 13cm or 5.25"

Don't know yet need to buy an adaptor for the aerial so haven't tried to tune anything in yet. I can feel a trip to halfords coming on.

The wires are still intact. Have fitted new radio today and it turns off when the key is removed. Will have to read the instructions (pls excuse the swear word) to see about remote wire. Any idea what size the front door speakers are?

if the head unit is loosing all of its settings, time etc, when you remove the key then it sounds like you have got the permanent & switchable live the wrong way round - you should be able to swap them over fairly easy

as someone else said the standard door speaker size is 5.25"

FYI they mount from the inside of the door card, thus need to remove the door card to fit & there is only a limited depth

i have the below & they fit ok, plus there is room in the door pod for the passive crossover

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-0WYmIYSbFtd/p_108529I/Infinity-Kappa-52-9i.html

Haven't had a chance to have a play with the car today as it's the oldest boys birthday so will have a look tomorrow. Shame about the speakers as got some 6.5 inch speakers that I have had for 9 years brand new in box that I think my grandad bought for me when still alive. So would love to use them somewhere or another. I think they have been destined for every car since then but never got round to it. Will keep updated. Cheers for all the advice. Much appreciated.