Jim

VCDS/VAG-COM in High Wycombe area?

Is there anyone that can help a friend with VAG-COM / VCDS down in the High Wycombe area? It’s for an early VR so the old 2x2 type connection. I sent down a VAG-COM cable I’ve had kicking around forever, but apparently it’s not playing ball.. though not sure if that’s down to VCDS being fussy, or the cable itself being suspect. I’ve never actually used it so I’ve no idea.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Hi Jim, not in that area but more then happy to post my leads for him to try as long he posts it back. Mine are the pukka Ross-tech Vag-Com leads, the software is free to download from there website as they use the leads to verify it. I've just set my laptop up to work with them an all is fine.

Let me know anyway.

That would be perfect. You know who it's for! I sent them my non-genuine lead and it won't work with VCDS lite so... They promise they will take good care of it. Will send you postal address later - they should be able to cover your postage costs too of course.

No probs Jim, I thought I knew who it was for.

More then happy to help, got a folder full of info on vag-com too if he needs anything scanning and emailing.

I'll PM you their postal address, and drop them a line to let them know you're onboard :) I'll enquire about covering the postage cost (cost me about £7 to ship my cable to them special delivery).