Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Joe

Blue Joe's G60 - FIRST DRIVE!!

Original Black Paintwork (needs a few touch ups!) 17" Alloys, Lowered 35mm. I'm thinking of removing the side body mouldings but unsure how it would look - advise???

Very Nice, I love black Corrado's specially when they clean.

side strips, Think im gonna colour code mine too much garage wall to risk, although they do look better with out them.

Looks good Blue Joe 8) Like the blacked out badges, nice touch. What did you use to get the paintwork shiny? I got a black C and I want to get its body looking as tasty as that.

That's the original Paintwork just been looked after. It was originally my parents car and as well as it more recently not doing alot of mileage (now on 94K most of that from earlier in it's life more recently only a few thou per year) and never driven over 70mph (until I got in it :evil: ) my mum used to polish it every 2 weeks without fail using Autoglym Super Resin Polish. Hence nice shiny paintwork!!!!!! Good old mum!

Well guys I'm off shortly to pic up my Reiger RS4 bumper from the paintshop and get it on the car this afternoon. Can't wait as it's been sat without a bumper for the last week. Will post pics later!

Well got the new bumper on! Also the new steering wheel which some of you have seen! and also the red rear lights!

See what you all think. All the meshes are now in the grill but took the pics first. There are a touch blurry but will take some better ones soon. Couldn't seem to take a steady pic.

Those red tinted rear lights are excellent 8)

I've also got a black C, and I've been umming and ahhing over whether I should tint mine black or red... I thought a black look may blend with the bodywork quite nicely, but your red ones look well cool. How did you do them? And how easy was it?

Bumper looks excellent mate... 8) Did you have any problems fitting the earlier fogs/indicators into the bumper?

Can't wait to see some slightly less blury photos... 8)

How did you do them? And how easy was it?

Tinted them using Foilatec spray and used 2.5mm body pinstripe to cover the reflective part of the indicators and reverse lights so they still shine brightly in there proper colours to keep Mr Police happy, yet still looks red and cool. Glad you like them

Did you have any problems fitting the earlier fogs/indicators into the bumper?

Thanks Fella

No major issues just slotted in as in the old bumper. Quite glad really as new fogs dont come cheap although will be replacing them soon but I prefer the vertical recessed design of the early lights over the flush angled look of the later!

Will post pics of the interior once the black dash and carpet, pillars etc are in!!!!! Those seats though on a 170 mile trip - SHEER LUXURY!!!!!!

Well at long last and second garage later - the FMIC conversion is well underway at the new garage and they are just waiting for the Red Silicone hosing to arrive on friday!!!

Wheels are also on but pics of them later!

It's only a pic from my phone camera so not great but gives you an idea!!!

Well it was all going well!!!

The FMIC was all finished bar the pipework being polished. All was together. Red coolant and boost hoses on. Oil cooler fitted after having got quite a few parts CNC machined.

Filled up all the fluids. Run the car on the ramp while we checked everything over! Averything working A OK except for a vacuum leak from the ISV. Switched it off. Re-seated the ISV started it up and no leak. Got in the car to drive off the ramp ................................

No Power Steering. BUGGER!

It seems the pump packed up. Either that or its air locked. More than likely given up on me though with my luck recently!!!! Will be up and running on monday hopefully though and will post up all the pics that have been taken!

Awesome. Can't wait to see this machine when its all finished. Not sure i'm too keen on the thought of been taken for a test drive though ;)

Your kidding?! I'd love a test drive in that :D I'm aiming for a similar engine spec with mine (yours and stevemac's) although will all take time, will be good to see what kind of power its producing... looking forward to more pics too 8)

Well It's Back!!!!!!!!! Sculking very dirtily outside my house!

I'm off shortly to get it washed and few other bits sorted then I'll post up the pics!!!!!!

Bling blizzle :D Looking proper bo Sam, it really is!

How does it drive then with the FMIC?! :)