Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Joe

Blue Joe's G60 - FIRST DRIVE!!

Hehe Well looks like it'll be ready just in the nick of time for Ultimate Dubs!! You know what I'm like for getting it to shows.

I'm off work thursday to go and help getting it finished! Can't wait!!!

Well the car is completed!!!!!!! All ready for Ultimate Dubs, other than a MAJOR interior cleaning session tomorrow to get all the dust out etc.

Retrim the sub box as I've modified that. Learn't a new skill - fibreglassing - not as easy as it looks!!!

Well the car is completed!!!!!!! All ready for Ultimate Dubs, other than a MAJOR interior cleaning session tomorrow to get all the dust out etc.

Retrim the sub box as I've modified that. Learn't a new skill - fibreglassing - not as easy as it looks!!!

what u on about.. its easy :lol:

Not until Ultimate Dubs this weekend!!!

...erm, NEXT weekend Sam. 11th

Oh, and looking forward to seeing this in the metal - looks sweet! 8) :wink:

Not until Ultimate Dubs this weekend!!!

...erm, NEXT weekend Sam. 11th

Oh, and looking forward to seeing this in the metal - looks sweet! 8) :wink:

Bugger - Got weekends mixed up! Oh well maybe I'll get some pics up later then!!

Maybe I won't get pics up yet then! - Went today to take a sunroof seal to put on before it came home and one of the guides has broken so teh sunroof is knackered until I get a repair kit!!!

Any one got a sunroof repair kit going spare????

Sort one thing out, something else breaks...

Ahhhhhh. Owning a corrado :lol:

YAY!!!!

After managing to fix the sunroof, thankfully the cables hadn't snapped and it was just the water guide plate needed replacing!!! Then having issues with the new door handles and the doors not locking, all is done. It's finished!!!!!

I'm off to pick it up in a couple of hours!!!!!

Sooooooooooooooooooo Excited!!

Will be frantically cleaning it tomorrow inside teh car ready for ultimate dubs as I have to drop the car off saturday night. But will try and get some up!

New toys arrived today!!!

What you think??? They are Schroth Auto Control harnesses. Essentially instead of being a fixed harnesses that locks you in position all the time it has an inertia reel that allows the harness to extend like a seatbelt, but then if the car starts corneringor moving about then it locks it in position. It also has a swith that I can put into the dash that lets me override that and lock them all the time!

It's all in aid of theRear Roll cage thats going in next week, got a 51mm polished alloy cage with X rear bars and also an extra bar added in behind the headrests of the front seat to act as the support bar for the harnesses as I have nothing to rest them on with my seats.

Also have bought a leather hide that arrives tomorrow to trim the A,B and C pillars etc in as all evidence of the seat belts will be removed. ie. holes in the B pillars for the height adjust.

I had one for the jet, they are brilliant just make sure you've got a RH one mate at they come in Left and right seat versions. Mine was mounted on the C pillar

Like the idea of being held in securely but don't like harnesses, I bought a CG Lock that achieves 90% same effect but leaves you with a normal seatbelt.

Look top quality though

Well finally after working on it all bank holiday weekend I have got it all in, except for the B pillars which are just waiting to be trimmed.

Made up mounting brackets for the inertia reels to mount to the floor pan under the rear seats, secured using stress plates under the car. All powder coated black. Wired in the inertia reels. Modified rear door cards to account for the roll cage. Refitted seats, secured teh harnesses.

Also retrimmed the headlining and sunroof cover in grey Alcantara although seem to have managed to break my sunroof in the process - NOT HAPPY, especially as Im now not sure if it will come out again due to the Roll cage!!!

Anyway take a look!!

IMO the rear seats seem pointless, are you keeping them in or getting rid?

Nice cage though mate

I've kept them in as I need to retain the use of the boot. I thought about taking them out and boarding it all but retaining the rear seats is a better option for me!!

Sam... I'm loving those front seats!!!!

Does look abit weird the back seats being there too.... Looks abit complicated!!! But if needs must then still looks good....

ditto on the seats - but prob be lots of work to get a nice look if you ditched the seats.

great car mate, glad to see things are going well

I did look at removing the rear seats when I put this in and just losing the boot section and stripping it out and lining it to look good, or to remove the seats and section it off with MDF.

TBH Though the seats don't actually weight that much and as I would need to line it all out with MDF to get it to look nice, the amount of MDF I would have had to use would have weighed FAR more than teh weight of the rear seats.