Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Joe

Blue Joe's G60 - FIRST DRIVE!!

Dunno what more to say to be honest.. obviously a smidge jelous as I wish I had that much to spend on getting a Corrado!! But can't wait to see what this is like when its all done.. not sure I actually want to go out in the car when its in Sams hands though as it might be a bit of a brown trouser experience!! :D

I have to say Sam, your C does look flippin wonderful. I'm liking it a lot, as were quite a few people at E38, judging by the number of people stopping to take pics ;)

Should be even sexier when you get all that stuff colour coded up too :)

Oh and when I get a job, I'll be having some wing mirror mods :D

Well Thats It - I've gone and done it!!!!!

Engine coming out on Sunday!!! Couriered to RacePower on Monday morning for the work to begin!!!

Also now added the the list a Lovely.....

Schrick Asymetric 268/276 Cam courtesy of Darren at G-werks that is sat in my office at the moment!!!

can't wait to see (and go up against :twisted: :lol: ) this new setup Sam, sounds like it's gonna be a real animal... 8)

Wow, that is one sexy car. Really wish mine was black. Ive tried several times by closing my eyes and thinking it is black, bit when i open my eyes its still red... :(

Well the work has begun.

Engine is out and this weekend me and stevemac have been cleaning and painting all of the engine brackets and ancillaries. Have removed the majority of the old wiring loom wrap as it was coated in oil and dirt and was coming away looking a right mess. Then I have rewrapped the loom with Self Amalgamating tape and now looks supurb. Race Power are working on the engine. Darren has the Charger checking it over.

Heres some pics so far.

Ps. Next time you drain the coolant, check the 2 metal pipes that form some of the water system One is thin and runs to the heater matrix the other is fat and runs under the front of the engine bay by the power steering rack. Mine had alot of rust and build up inside, which can't be doing the water system many favours!!!! I'll post pics of them later.

You're not doing a Henny and doing an engine swap in a car park are you???

Also - stick some rubber gloves over the driveshaft ends to stop grit getting in...

We are possibly doing a Henny and actually installing it in the Private Car Park outside my Apartment. Depends on the availability of my mates garage and 2 post car lift. I hope it is as can then use Air Tools....... Air Tools are good!!!!!!

It was a piss take as they keep clamping residents cars "if they don't have a note in the window and not in your allocated space then it will be clamped!" (Bearing in mind I have 2 cars so one has to stay in the general parking. So as a pisstake I originally put a not in the window from a roll of paper and made one the size of the window, but then felt I ought to tone it down a touch and made it just over A3 saying 'RESIDENTS CAR - DO NOT CLAMP!!!!

It's not "doing a Henny" unless it's in a PUBLIC carpark in a space marked "Keep Clear"! :lol:

Sam, be careful with the self amalgamating tape, it looks great for a month or so, but as soon as it gets hot and touches something, it'll stick to it making one hell of a mess... I did that with J-DUB and regretted it... :| There's a kit-car website which sells proper looming tape which DOESN'T melt (and isn't flammable!) which I'll dig out a link to and send on to you... ;)