fla

pin removal?

Does anyone know where the retaining tabs or tabs are on this type of connector? It goes into the back of the head unit

I've been using a pin removal tool plus one that i made in the rectangular section in the middle, not the circular holes at the top/bottom

Hello there,

looks like it's just got the one tab catch that you need to press down,

in the centre of the connector block.

In your photo the tab catch is underneath facing downwards,

in the attched link below the photo shows the full tab catch at the top.

Here's a photo in a link I've found off the internet that looks to be the same as yours I think:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/300931451681?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&chn=ps&device=c&rlsatarget=&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

Hope this helps.

Si

Edited by vw rule

I think I may have miss read this :bonk:

Are you talking about the wire connectors where they attach inside the connector block,

if so I normally use a small thin pick or a very small electrical screw driver,

to push / hook them out.

Si

Thanks Si. No my error it wasn't clear. I was referring to removing the pins from the connector housing.

Lesson number one - dont attempt this kind of stuff at night!

Just for reference there is a plastic tab into which the pin locks. This needs to be pulled down towards the middle of the block then the pin can be easily removed. Spent about 45 mins last night and about 45 seconds this morning.

Lesson number one - dont attempt this kind of stuff at night!

Just for reference there is a plastic tab into which the pin locks. This needs to be pulled down towards the middle of the block then the pin can be easily removed. Spent about 45 mins last night and about 45 seconds this morning.

ooops lol

how you getting on in general Hasan?

Not bad thanks. The new HU (pioneer deh p85bt) didn't have any harnesses so had to buy some aftermarket ones. The power loom to the iso connectors then didn't have the blue/white wire to switch the amp on so i used a spare one in the same position as the first loom. But it also doesn't switch the amp on so I'll be trying the other 2 open pins to see which has a 12v output.

I've taken your suggestion of just amping the sub and using the head unit for the door and dash speakers. Makes the wiring easier but needs tidying. I've left the speaker wires there,one end is under the centre console the other under the back seats.

I'll then need some help with the amp gain etc! You'd think I'd know something about ICE by now but sadly not.

Got my son to strip some of the loom wires and desolder a few bits so training him up with attention to detail was a bit time consuming - he just wanted to cut everything up. Typical teenager!

Edited by fla

Not bad thanks. The new HU (pioneer deh p85bt) didn't have any harnesses so had to buy some aftermarket ones. The power loom to the iso connectors then didn't have the blue/white wire to switch the amp on so i used a spare one in the same position as the first loom. But it also doesn't switch the amp on so I'll be trying the other 2 open pins to see which has a 12v output.

I've taken your suggestion of just amping the sub and using the head unit for the door and dash speakers. Makes the wiring easier but needs tidying. I've left the speaker wires there,one end is under the centre console the other under the back seats.

I'll then need some help with the amp gain etc! You'd think I'd know something about ICE by now but sadly not.

Got my son to strip some of the loom wires and desolder a few bits so training him up with attention to detail was a bit time consuming - he just wanted to cut everything up. Typical teenager!

cool! sounds like fun mixed with educating & progressing :)

I will have a think about how I set my gain etc as its been that long I cant remember lol

glad you are getting on well m8