Chris Dwyer

Information needed!

Hi guys, new to this forum! i am thinking of buying a 2.0 16v corrado and i was just wondering what they're like on fuel? how much £££ to people put in for a full tank? are they expensive to run?

thanks, chris.

Hello and welcome to the forum. Have a look here.......http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/facts-and-figures/volkswagen/corrado/coupe-1989/running-costs/

I run a 2.0 16v as a daily. Its got a few sensible engine mods and I drive in a fairly spirited manner and still get an average of 30MPG.

Normally brim it when empty and a tank fill is between £65-£75 (depending on petrol price/how empty) and I usually get about 400 miles from this.

As for being expensive to run, that can depend on what (not if) goes wrong, after all its a classic car. I look upon the average £1000 a year depreciation on a newer car as funds for keeping the old girl on the road, but it's never cost me that.

I know it's not that same engine, but my early G60 averages about 32mpg, get about 320 miles to a tank which costs around £55 on premium.

I know it's not that same engine, but my early G60 averages about 32mpg, get about 320 miles to a tank which costs around £55 on premium.

If yours is early then you'll have a 12 gallon tank, mine has a 15 gallon tank.