Sign in to follow this  
stevemac

RS front bumper

I've just taken ownership of a RS front bumper for my G60. It was originally purchased for a pre-facelift G60, mine is later spec & has the VR front end. Without mucking around to measure mine - will this RS bumper fit ??

Are the pre-facelift bumpers narrower - bearing in mind that the later cars have wider front wings ??

any ideas which make it is?

Most of 'em are a generic size (AFAIK) so will fit either version of the front end...

No idea which make it is - it's one of those nasty fibreglass things. No markings on either the bubblewrap it came in or on the bumper itself. I'm gonna get around to fitting it in a couple of weeks - I expect it will need a bit of re-working, most spoilers usually do.

Steve I have an early spec bumper on the fromt of my late C - so I guess you'll be fine... (early bumper just sitts about 5mm in of the wheel arch on both sides but not really noticable)

before you start to fit it, make sure that the indicators and fogs will go in the holes... :? The fibreglass bumpers vary soooo much in quality that even some of the better makes have to be severely hacked to bits to get the lights to fit and then to fit on the car properly... That's why I wanted a plastic one like the Rieger one I eventually bought (but may now be getting rid of) 8)

I've decided to fit the bumper before I take it for painting. I can adapt it to fit properly & alter the light/indicator mountings if necessary.

Ian - you don't like the Reiger ??

I've got the dietrek one on mine, fibreglass

Just changed to the later spec fogs and indicators and no probs fitting them

I've decided to fit the bumper before I take it for painting. I can adapt it to fit properly & alter the light/indicator mountings if necessary.

Good plan mate, WILL save you a shed load of re-painting costs from all the accounts of fitting one of these things that I've heard! :? :roll:

Ian - you don't like the Reiger ??

Nope, I quite like it to be honest, but I don't think it's what I want my Corrado to be about... :? The only reason I bought it was 'cos I thought I was gonna sling an intercooler in the middle vent, and then I got the Golf G60 intercooler... I've now measured it up, and the Corrado actually provides MORE air flow to the Golf intercooler than if it were on a Golf! :? :crazyeyes:

I need to book the car in for a respray PDQ if I'm gonna get the car finished by my deadline of VWNW and I'm seriously thinking of dumping the Rieger bumper and going back to my spare original bumper to make her into more of a street sleeper style car... 8)

I've been SOOO happy with the Rieger bumper I can't express it! 8) It fit easily (once I worked out WTF the german instructions were on about! ;) ), it's EXCELLENT quality and the fit is spot on (as people who saw it at Inters will verify 8) )

If I were to go the whole hog, with side skirts and a different rear bumper, then the front RS4 bumper would stay, but I like the comments I got about my car being original looking in my Gallery thread and I think I wanna stick with that look.... 8)

Personally... i agree on the whole street sleeper thing... always loved modified cars but now think subtle tweaks smoothing and debadging (a trend that has been around a fair few years...) can be so much more effective than massive bumpers and spoilers (less is more and all that?!?) but now to totally contradict myself - the reiger bumper on hennys isnt massively over the top...

anyway what do i kno - im jus a newbie around here and only had a C for a month or two...