SR_Neale

Powering cooling fan

Hi all. I have just built an enclosure for my sub and need to run a fan to cool the amp. I have fitted a old computer fan and wired it into the remote wire but it doesn't seem to be getting enough power to run it. Any ideas or suggestions would be great. Cheers

Do you not have a dedicated power feed for your amp? Can't you take a feed off that, if you need a step down to 5V then I bought a little 12 to 5v inline transformer from Amazon for about a tenner or wait a week and direct from China for 4 quid :)

actually pretty cheap from amazon now: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Car-Power-Converter-Display-Supply/dp/B008VORADW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435481425&sr=8-1&keywords=12v+to+5v+converter

Edited by davidwort

Do you not have a dedicated power feed for your amp? Can't you take a feed off that, if you need a step down to 5V then I bought a little 12 to 5v inline transformer from Amazon for about a tenner or wait a week and direct from China for 4 quid :)

I did think about trying the live just thought it might be to strong as didn't realise you could bye converters. Would that be in line with the live or bridged off?

I did think about trying the live just thought it might be to strong as didn't realise you could bye converters. Would that be in line with the live or bridged off?

T off and earth to the earth point you use for the amp, or anywhere on the body of the car