SLC_43

Car stalls in Traffic and sometimes doesn't start back up

Hey Guys,

I have a '92 VR6 in the states and recently it has been idling fairly low around 400 rpm or so but once in a while while in traffic the car will stall out when I put the clutch in or the car is thrown into neutral. I looked at the auxiliary air valve that bypasses air past the throttle to idle but it seems to be working properly. I disconnected and reconnected it and it seemed to solve the problem but recently its been happening again, any ideas what it could be? Separately when in hot weather, the car occasionally won't turn over at all and won't start back up for 15 to 20 minutes or so. Everything lights up so I'm assuming it must just be a relay or something but I can't be sure. Thanks guys!

-Ryan

I would remove the ISV . Stand it in a bottle of carb cleaner over night . Give it a good clean using an ear bud or something like that . Check the small appature is opening freely . It's a common fault , basically it's a crap design . You could buy another second hand part but still have the same problem . I'm not sure if you can buy them new anymore , probably deleted .