Purple Tom

Passat B4 Teves20 ABS upgrade kit - SOLD

Passat B4 Teves20 ABS upgrade kit

Hi,

It's time for me to start clearing out the vast amount of Corrado spares and other VW parts that I've amassed over the years. First on the list is this, a Teves20 ABS upgrade kit.

It includes:

Teves20 ABS pump and ECU combined

Full wiring loom

Master cylinder

x 2 ABS lights

This has been fully tested and works as it should. The reason I know this is because when I was building my VR6 back in 2013 I carried out the upgrade using parts from another Passat but it wasn't working. I found this set-up in a local scrappers and removed it then temporarily installed the loom and pump in my car to troubleshoot issues. It turns out the issue with mine was a crossed wire in the loom which I sorted out, so this loom and pump was removed and put into storage at my workshop. I've got no use for it now so it's time to go.

It comes with x 2 combined ABS/SRS lights. These are very hard to come by and they're ideal for the Corrado as you just need to remove the front cover and replace it with your Corrado ABS light cover. The only issue is that neither of these work correctly and will require a new bulb soldering in place. I'm not a soldering expert so I've left them well alone, but if you're good with that or know someone who is then it'll be a straightforward enough fix.

The master cylinder will fit directly to a Corrado servo but you'll need to blank off the ABS position sensor (or just leave it in place, unplugged). Alternatively, source a servo from a B4 Passat. Unfortunately the one from the scrappers had already gone when I got the rest of the set-up. The only other thing you'll need are Polo 6N2 rear sensors. Your standard Corrado front sensors will work fine.

There are several threads on the forum (including my TDi and VR6 build threads) that detail this set-up and give some idea of how to fit it. Will fit all Corrado's, not just VR's.

Benefits include an improved pedal feel, removal of quite a lot of ABS wiring as this loom is much simpler and removal of the separate pump/ECU as this unit has it all combined as one plus better reliability overall. Works well when combined with the 288mm front/mk4 rear brake upgrades.

Price includes postage - ?70. Please PM me to arrange that.

Thanks

Tom

List Date: 7/8/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Passat B4 Teves20 ABS upgrade kit

--------------------------------------

SOLD

browseformore.png

--------------------------------------

the-corrado-forum

75f50450-5f16-404b-8180-10550e99f16c.JPG

15afad9c-2e0e-439b-9095-a0ad0853e663.JPG

9f194101-d371-4ec9-9aa6-fad7ef50a499.JPG

Mobile friendly version: Passat B4 Teves20 ABS upgrade kit

Go Mobile: Download the free Panjo iOS app now!

Edited by Purple Tom

I'll take this mate delivered to Basingstoke. Don't see a "buy" button though so can't seem to do it through panjo :(

Bugger.......... 2nd dibs should tigerfish decide to change his mind