Purple Tom

VW Polo sealed bearing upgrade - rear stub axles, hubs and powdercoated disc shields - SOLD

VW Polo sealed bearing upgrade - rear stub axles, hubs and powdercoated disc shields

Here is a VW Polo 6N2 (also Ibiza/Fabia) rear sealed bearing upgrade, complete with all that is needed to bolt straight on to your Corrado. Other than discs and brakes.

There are a few options with what you can do here:

- Firstly, bolt it on 'as is' but just swap the ABS sensors for the ones on your car. If you're 4-stud already then great, if you're 5-stud then fit some adaptors. You'll need a 232mm rear disc from a Polo to get it working. Your carriers and calipers will bolt straight on. Even better if you've got mk4 rear calipers.

- Secondly, if you're 5-stud, bolt it on 'as is' but get hold of a set of Polo 9N rear hubs. These are 5-stud and will negate the need for adaptors, but you'll need to do a bit of work to fit the Corrado ABS ring. Fit a 5-stud Polo or mk4 Golf rear disc and you're good to go.

- Thirdly, do what I did and get hold of the 9N rear hubs and some Lupo GTi spacer plates then fit 256mm vented rear discs for decent braking power at the back of the car.

- Fourthly, machine up a ring and press it onto the stub axle to allow you to run mk4 Golf hubs. This was something I considered but didn't chance to do. It'll negate the need for any work on the 9N hubs and make things a bit easier.

The way to do this is detailed in the VR6 build thread in my signature. The advantage of this set-up is that it gets rid of the original rear wheel bearing design and makes disc changes a lot easier as you don't have to dismantle the bearings every time.

The set-up is all in good condition, a bit of surface rust on the stub axles but nothing a good wire brush or shotblast wouldn't sort out. I had the disc shields powdercoated and the bearings in the hubs are in good condition. The ABS sensors do work but will only work with later Teves20 systems. Basically ready to fit with whatever option you decide to go for after the relevant work.

Price includes postage, please PM me to arrange.

Thanks

Tom

List Date: 7/8/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: VW Polo sealed bearing upgrade - rear stub axles, hubs and powdercoated disc shields

--------------------------------------

SOLD

browseformore.png

--------------------------------------

the-corrado-forum

e3d05e8e-65f5-49af-9aeb-6db6c4b21e08.JPG

a153b000-ceda-45b0-9ab4-d3936520dedb.JPG

3a70c738-1abd-4a0e-b1a3-75ab06848b98.JPG

Mobile friendly version: VW Polo sealed bearing upgrade - rear stub axles, hubs and powdercoated disc shields

Go Mobile: Download the free Panjo iOS app now!

Edited by Purple Tom

I'll take this lot off your hands, you going to the club national day at RIAT to save postage faff?

No I'm afraid not, not at the moment anyway. I'd rather post it to be honest, much easier for me and frees up space in the workshop. PM'd.