rjp.henderson

Oils

Come on G60's drivers, give the lad some options.

In my valver I use Halfords 10/40 semi and change it every 3000 miles. I buy in bulk when Halfords put it on offer and keep it in stock. It's currently selling at £12 for 4L which is perfect for the change on a valver.

What is the best engine oil and what grade do I get for my G60?

if you go to the suppliers section & look for a thread by Opie Oils you can send a PM to Oilman with full specs & info about your G60 & he will recommend the best oil for you

personally I always run fuchs titan pro race fully synthetic in my VR

I've always 10/40 from the dealers, whilst my mate could supply the oil to me at trade price.

But as I can't get the oil off him anymore, I'll be most likely switching to the Shell Helix stuff for the next oil change.

I used to put unipart 10/40 oil in it was made by fuchs'and I flush it

Edited by carrots

Standard Quantum Synta (what used to be called Synta Silver) is fine for the G60 and not too expensive - about £20 for 5l from the VW dealership.

Standard Quantum Synta (what used to be called Synta Silver) is fine for the G60 and not too expensive - about £20 for 5l from the VW dealership.

Yup agree... And when you can buy 4 litres of castrol gtx from asda at the moment for £14 the stuff from the dealers or eBay is not much more... You can buy 20litres of the synta stuff at the moment on eBay for about 50 notes. Maybe it's old chip pan oil .?

Does oil go off ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QUANTUM-SYNTA-10W-40-20-Ltr-API-SL-CF-SEMI-SYNTHETIC-10-40-Engine-Oil-/390611934024?hash=item5af2491b48:g:4h0AAOxy4t1Slzu6

Edited by delfinis38

Yep, 10w40 from the dealers is the best oil for a G60.