Sign in to follow this  
Skimask

Oil pressure on a 1.8 16V?

Does anyone out there knows what the oil pressure settings for a 1.8 16V should be?

I have a problem with the beeper going off!! I have ordered a couple of pressure switches but need to check if the oil pressure is as it shoiuld be.

Thanks mate, but I have an oil pressure gauge and need to know if my readings are OK - just being paranoid just in case the pump is goosed.

skimask, I have oil pressure gauge in my 1.8 16v, once fully warmed up needle hovers at 1 Bar at idle, obviously going higher as you rev it. Never goes below 1 Bar when warm and idling, if that's any help.

Cheers KVwloon! Thats what I'm looking for, I'll just have to get it up to temp and then fit the oil pressure gauge and see what reading I get!

Cheers KVwloon! Thats what I'm looking for, I'll just have to get it up to temp and then fit the oil pressure gauge and see what reading I get!

I think it's also supposed to be around a minimum of 2 bar at 3000 rpm or something close to that,

My 5 bar gauge goes over to full when the oil's cold and then behaves as mentioned, around 1-1.5 bar at idle and rises to near max on the gauge as the revs rise to over 4000rpm.

David.

skimask, After the post last week about the Oil beeper scare, I had the white oil switch replaced when i got the cambelt changed.

Hasn't happened since, despite my best attempts to provoke it.

If your pressure readings are ok, then that should be your culprit, mate.

Cheers Guys, I've just picked up the white switch from the dealers and awaiting the brown one, I'll fit it tomorrow depending on the weather. While I was in I also bought a new Offside (drivers) front wing - £140 I think its a good deal!!!

Hi folks,

I've fitted the white oil pressure sensor and it doesn't beep any more! I checked the oil pressure and it seems to be OK. The readings are:

Air Temp 19 DegC

oil temp 104 DegC

Water Temp 90 DegC

On 15W/40 Magnatec oil, with new oil filter.

850 RPM - 20PSI

2000RPM- 40PSI

3000RPM- 50PSI

4000RPM- 50PSI (approx)

Hopefully the readings are as they should be!!