Alziboy

My VR6 Project and new to the VW scene

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the VW scene however i have always liked the Corrado body style so recently decided to buy a VR6 and give it the love and attention it needs to become fully road worthy and restored again.

The car i have purchased has been stood for 5 years so needless to say it needs a fair old bit of work to get her going again.

I will post pictures up of the progress i am having however i want to be able to get this back to its former glory and already the parts bills are stacking up.

Just a quick hello and a watch this space for more updates :)

Thanks

Alan

It's a purple one that I purchased on eBay a few weeks ago.

It has been stood for 5 years so needless to say everything is seized on.

So far I have removed and re fitted a new gearbox and clutch,

Refurbished the front brakes and swapped the rears as they were seized solid.

The suspension is what I am currently on with having removed the front already I have the rears still to do.

It's parts that I really need to ensure that the engine runs properly as with no maf sensor it currently cuts out unless it's revved.

My plan is to get it mechanically sound to get through a test and then starts the cosmetic side of the resto.

I'll be putting up some pics later today.

I.have done the same as you bought one that was stood for ages the parts bill is never ending lol the rear beam is at the powdercoaters atm but that is the last piece of the puzzle for me :-) oh and welcome nice to see others bringing them back to life rather than scrapping them :-)

Too be fair though I think many of the parts people seem to buy are not because they need them but want them.... For example my only ones so far are upgrading brakes and upgrading suspension. My previous ones all worked fine.... Lol

Too be fair though I think many of the parts people seem to buy are not because they need them but want them.... For example my only ones so far are upgrading brakes and upgrading suspension. My previous ones all worked fine.... Lol

It depends who your talking for example if it's the wife then it's needed lol.

It depends who your talking for example if it's the wife then it's needed lol.

Lol..... Very good point!

Ha ha, yeah all the parts I have needed so far have been needed though.

Although I imagine that at some point in the future there will be some parts i need