Sign in to follow this  
dinkus

dinkus' Aqua Blue VR6

Nice car, Nice colour, i quite like the headlight washers, I dont see much point in them to be honest, but kinda want some for my car. :)

Recaro looks promiseing, got any more pics showin the whole seat>?

Nice car, Nice colour, i quite like the headlight washers, I dont see much point in them to be honest, but kinda want some for my car. :)

Recaro looks promiseing, got any more pics showin the whole seat>?

Thanks man :) I'm not sure the headlight washers do a whole load, but it's cool to have them :)

I'll take pics of the Recaro's after I've cleaned and fixed them (someone took the levers off them!)

The headlamp washers are only really needed in the winter, eg. when the roads have been gritted and you get all that filthy spray from cars you are following. The washers are really good at getting most of the salt spray off the lenses, which really helps night vision. I've applied Rain-X to my lenses which helps the washers work better.

For the rest of the year they're pretty much useless! If you go to a Scandinavian country you'll see that pretty much all the cars have headlamp wash, due to their prolonged winters.

They're also good at getting taligaters to back off on the m/way cos they dump a huge amount of water on the front of the car which flies straight onto their windscreen! :lol:

They use up so much water that the washer bottle on h/wash cars is 7 litres! :shock:

I'll get my coat....

:lol: :lol:

They use up so much water that the washer bottle on h/wash cars is 7 litres! :shock:

Yeah I noticed the monsterous washer tank! But you can see the light getting darker when you spray them, so there must be a fair amount of water going onto them. I really should get the headlight glass replaced before the chip in it goes right through.

:offtopic1: but

turning your washer to the kurb is a funny way of annoying grockles (tourists!) as they look up to see which bird just sh@t on `em! :lol: :lol:

turning your washer to the kurb is a funny way of annoying grockles (tourists!) as they look up to see which bird just sh@t on `em! :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Love it. Turn the nearside one to the kurb and the offside to fire over the car at tailgaiters. :D

Thanks man :) I'm not sure the headlight washers do a whole load, but it's cool to have them :)

I'll take pics of the Recaro's after I've cleaned and fixed them (someone took the levers off them!)

Definatly, The more optional extras the better :D

Look forward too seein the Recaro's, Havent ever seen that pattern before, in fact never seen a set of cloth recaro's in a vr6 before.

My first ever car, an astra gte mk1 had those washers on it, worked when u sprayed the washer for the windows, is it the same on the C?

Definatly, The more optional extras the better :D

Look forward too seein the Recaro's, Havent ever seen that pattern before, in fact never seen a set of cloth recaro's in a vr6 before.

My first ever car, an astra gte mk1 had those washers on it, worked when u sprayed the washer for the windows, is it the same on the C?

Oh yeah :) Air con is good too ;)

The Recaro's are nice, the grey ones seem to be pretty rare, but the black ones are REALLY rare. I was dead chuffed, especially as the car was advertised as having standard cloth :D

And yeah the headlight washers come on the same time as the windscreen washers.

Some more pics taken today when jedi-knight83 came over for a visit...

And yes, Gman, I'll take pics of the Recaros for you tomorrow...

I really have to get some late spec fog and indicator lights, makes the front end look so much more up-to-date..

2 very nice corrados 8)

PS. I like the look of your garage/car port thinggy :)

Heh heh thanks :)

The car port looks very cool, but it's a bit tight getting the C in there. You only get a cm or 2 each side.

I just took pics of them where we happened to park up... I would have moved my dad's Zafira out of the way and parked his SLK there instead if I was going for proper tarty pics ;) :lol:

better delete the "wall" j-peg.....otherwise we'll have Dr-mat moaning about "proof" of how unreliable the C is :roll: :-P :wink: :wink: :wink:

:lol: No, I didn't take that pic, but I'll make sure I do when the serp belt gets done.

And :lol: Rodders.

sweet car!!! Yet another corrado iteration. This is the first time im seeing the norm/max buttons next to the steering wheel, and frankly, I prefer that to the buttons a-top the cigarette lighter. I doubt this would be something easy to swap, especially considering im LHD. Oh and on this side of the pond, 95 Canadian models got the headlight washers and heated cloth Recaros....quite similar to your car.

sweet car!!! Yet another corrado iteration. This is the first time im seeing the norm/max buttons next to the steering wheel, and frankly, I prefer that to the buttons a-top the cigarette lighter. I doubt this would be something easy to swap, especially considering im LHD. Oh and on this side of the pond, 95 Canadian models got the headlight washers and heated cloth Recaros....quite similar to your car.

Thanks dude :) I think the buttons probably aren't that hard to swap over, but you need to find some... there is a thread going at the moment where people are talking about doing it.

My Recaros aren't heated at all, but they are electric, but most people over here seem to have gone for the leather if they had Recaros. I know that when I was over at the CCC meet there were quite a few more cloth options on the C's there. IIRC There was only 1 that had black cloth tho.