Grrrrallye

Digifiz in Corrado

So has anyone ever attempted this? There are a few sets on the Bay at the moment that I am keeping my eye on.

I know the unit is smaller than the Corrado gauges, but i can make up a frame of some sort and fab some brackets to secure it all into place so that does not bother me too much.

Next on the hit list would be taking care of the 6 pot signal for the tacho, I understand that you can get a frequency converter to take care of that signal as I think it is also a high voltage pulse.

The speedo pickup uses something from a MK3 i think but the kits I'm looking at already have that in it so it should be a straight swap with the gearbox sensor.

I have the wiring diagrams for both the Corrado and the Digifiz so most of that should be chopping and splicing the looms together.

Few things I am not sure about are if the gearbox sensor is the same on the MK2 and the Corrado and also if the fuel senders are the same in the golf and the corrado.

Would love to hear peoples views and opinions and if anyone has any idea about doing the work at all?

The central electrics are slightly different on a Corrado to a MKII as far as I know. The Golf got the CEII set up around 1990. You should be able to get it to work though, once you work out all the sensors. My old Audi Coupe Quattro also had a digital dash option (the Ur versions had one as standard) and many people have successfully retro-fitted one. My only problem with them is that they are not that great to use in practice as the digital dash technology was nowhere near as advanced then as it is now and it's a hell of a lot of work.Best of luck with it and if you need any wiring diagrams give me a shout as I have quite a lot of them.

I had heard about the CEI/CEII differance, but im assuming that so long as i have both diagrams, i should be able to get close enough to pick out the rest. Some of the Digifiz also say CEI and CEII on them so i need to have a look and see if there are 2 sets of wiring diagrams.

It may all soon go out of the window as the boiler has started giving be grief at just under a year old!