robrado974

Second hand car help please .

Evening chaps .

Long story short . We had our Mk5 Golf TDI stolen last sunday . The car has been recovered and is back in our possession . But we do not want it anymore , its an 04 plate with 100k on it . This has affected me and the Mrs . We just dont want a car thats been driven and ragged by some scummy lowlife .I have no knowledge of new cars at all !. We would like to buy a golf or an audi . The Mrs has to travel five miles a day to work in an A'N'E department . Other than that its just used for shopping and the like . So am i right in saying a diesel would be less ecconimical than a petrol considering the short mileage ? We love the Golfs and audi's , so which model would you go for if it was you buying a car ?. The A3 looks nice . Really appreciate any input from those who are more up on there modern motors than me . I think the budget will be around 8k .

Kind regards

Rob

Edited by robrado974

Hi

I've had more than 20 cars in 10 years as has my wife mostly Audis, BMWs and now all Vws.

With low miles you do not need the extra initial outlay of a diesel as well as diesel is usually more expensive.

Petrol engines have come on miles and the VAG group 1.4 tfsi engine is a great engine to have for economy and power. The lower 1.2 is also half decent.

Without looking at prices an Audi A3 with the 1.4 engine would be a decent choice but also look at similar Seats and Skodas all basically the same car u see the skin.

Leon, Octavia, Ibiza and Fabia where your money will go further than the Audi.

I've got a 2003 986 Boxster S with 74k on the clock available for £7900. Super spec and 2 boots for the shopping. With careful use easily 30MPG. When do you want to collect?

Sorry to here about your car rob...

I know the feeling very well, and the urge to get shot of the old one... Good things come from bad...

We had a yacht that was trashed and lived on for a week... The Mrs never went on it again... Wouldn't even use the bathroom someone's else had used.. We eventually sold after years of hassle with the insurance and bought bigger and better....

Good luck with new car search... Good work on the VR too.