Sign in to follow this  
CorradoWannabe

H reg 1.8 16V Worth

Here is a car i've almost bought - got some pics for you guys, the biggest problem is that the door is a different colour as it was just used as a replacement door!

See what u think of it

Also the wheels.. are they standard Corrado alloys that come as an option.. or non standard? I need to kno for insurance reasons!

Thanks guys!

Got any more details about the car so we can make a better judgement.... like service history/milage??? etc..

Timo.

aftermarket wheels by the look of them and if there's a decent length MOT and its in rude health mechanically the door is just a minor cosmentic detail IMO.........£900 seems reasonable enough

Sure:

-87,000 miles (seems low!)

-Some VW service History

-All the MoT cerficates ever

-Recent Cam belt change

-Just been MoT'd

-Alarm + Immobilser (Cobra)

-Very tidy interior and clean engine that runs better and smoother than the other Corrados i've seen (altho others were highmillage - and one of em was ex accident!)

BAD POINTS:

- small dent in driver side wing

- rear wheel arch scratched paint

- passenger door taken from scrapyard!

-Owner said 3 previous owners.. HPi said 7!

Thats most of what i know about the car -a friend of mine drove it for me to test it out and he said that the steering felt light at the top and heavier as you turned and also there was a lot of vibration in sthe steering wheel even at low speeds.

Owner said this was as the wheels he'd put on (he took of the 17" alloys he had before!) had not been balanced yet.. and that was causing the problem, but we fear it could be that its not been lowered properly (been lowered 30mm - just new springs put in apparently)

The conditions of sale for me are that:

a) he shows me all the MoT certs

b) we go get the wheels balanced and see if that cures the vibrations

Any comments welcomed!

One word "Bargain!!". Even with all the bad points listed I would say that's a very good price especially with that milage.

Timo.

One word "Bargain!!". Even with all the bad points listed I would say that's a very good price especially with that milage.

Timo.

if the miles are genuine that is.............given that the seller is claiming only 3 previous owners and HPi are saying 7!!!

£900 doesn't look like that big a bargain to me quite honestly.

The car obviously needs a lot of work (not least on the body) - you could get a much cleaner car for another £600 or so quid, and if you have the cash ready to outlay on a car, I think it'd be better on one thats ready to go rather than one thats going to need a lot of work doing!

Have you tried running one of those full HPI checks on it, or just the free RAC one?

I've given it a full HPi check - it came out clear except for the owners thing!! Im gonna give the documentation a full looking over - one reason why im after this car is the guy who owns it works in the offices next to me making it easy for us to sort out meeting and buying etc... silly reason to get i i kno :mrgreen: