Sprinter53

OEM style under bonnet soundproofing kit

Thank you.

mfg chris

Hi Chris, do you still have the bonnet sound proofing? Changed bonnet a few months ago but my car is a 1989 valver. Dont know hiw many different types there are but mine does not have a gum in tbe centre, if that's anything to go by

Hi Christian

I was referred to you by the CCGB members club as I am looking for some bonnet foam for my vr6. Are you still selling? You are my only hope to get some decent stuff. Let me know, best, Nick

Hi. Please PM the details for payment. I would like to purchase a set for a 1995 VR6.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

About to strip the old foam out and put in the new, before I start does anyone have any recommendations on how to clean up the surfaces and remove the old glue?

Cheers J.

Have a shed load of patience!

I used petrol for the glue removal, but there are lots of recommendations for other stuff. Tar remover is one, but worth doing a search (use Google as the forum search is pants) to see what others have used mate. Either way, prepare to spend a good few hours getting it off. Top tip, put and old sheet over the engine bay to keep the bits from falling in. :thumbleft:

About to strip the old foam out and put in the new, before I start does anyone have any recommendations on how to clean up the surfaces and remove the old glue?

Cheers J.

Sheet over engine bay... I used white spirit in a garden spray, then let it soak for 10 mins then scrapped off with credit card or similar loyalty card... worked well.

Equipment you'll need:

-Empty Mr Muscle Window cleaner spray bottle (other makes will do)

-Old dish washing brush

-Pack of baby / surface cleaning wipes

-Bin bag

-Dust sheet

-PPE equipment (dust mask, gloves, eye goggles)

Place a dust sheet over your engine. Working on one area at a time, fill the spray bottle with White spirit and liberally apply the white spirit onto the glue.

Use the brush to work the white spirit into the glue. Leave for 5 mins for the glue to go soft then use the baby wipes to clean up the sticky residue. Repeat until clean.

Edited by marks2

I have also ordered a set, delivered quickly, yet to fit mine but the quality is excellent would highly recommend.

thanks Christian