Wullie

Reality check

Well I have sadly had to come to the decision that I won’tbe getting another Corrado. After weighing up the cost of getting a reasonable one, the difficulty in getting parts (if available at all) and the cost of running it as a daily it is just not sensibly viable on a pension.

While helping out a friend a few weeks ago I found a Karmann badge in a lock up which the owner was willing to sell. It was attached to a 2001 Renault Megane convertible which had been in there for a year. So for £100 purchase price, £60 for front discs and pads, £60 for two driveshafts (all available over the counter) and a brake pipe it got it’s MOT. 70,000 mileson the clock and currently getting about 35 - 40 mpg about town I can’t really complain.

While an enjoyable drive I want a Corrado back!! Please nice Lottery people.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82600[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]82601[/ATTACH]

At least the Megane is an improvement on the bleedin Pigasso. That was like driving a blancmange while sitting on a high chair.

At least the Megane is an improvement on the bleedin Pigasso. That was like driving a blancmange while sitting on a high chair.

ha ha indeed I imagine it was & true it is a definite improvement

if you weren't the other end of the country I would offer you a loan of one of mine when you needed a rado fix lol

Well, it rolled out of the same factory as the Corrado so gets some points for that :) Can understand running a Corrado as a daily would be a very difficult proposition for anyone, especially on a pension so seems a very sensible decision given the circumstances.

Hope your fortunes change and you're able to find yourself back into a Corrado again some day though! :)

Lol Wullie . I know what you mean , when your talking about running a Corrado as a daily . Hats off to those that do . Prices are rising now too .