MoonlightVR6

spluttery acceleration, abnormal idle sound?

Hi everyone,

My vr6 started doing something weird today. It seems to stutter as its pulling away, like it is missing some power, or is not constant power when it should be, kind of intermittent, but fast. It seems to drive, but if you imagine you put your foot down it normally accelerates at a smooth curve getting more torquy as it speeds up. It seems to do what it is meant to but it doesn't sound or feel like a smooth acceleration curve. Almost like its accelerating then dies for a millisecond (which it hasn't)then back to acceleration, you can feel the pull and then not then the pull again, its wierd. When I am cruising at about 30, I can usually be in 5th and it will just be above 10 rpm but smooth (it only shudders ifyou go below 10rpm) I have noticed that it shudders like the revs are too low when doing this now when it is usually ok. When sat I traffic I was revving it slghty to about 15rp, it does it both in gear and neutral so I don't think its the gearbox. It seems to do it when idling and revving, but you can really notice it going from idle to accelarating. It has petrol in there

It sounds a bit louder than normal, but kind of lawnmowery, almost helercoptery (shuddering intermittent like a distant helicopter). I was trying to see if it was abnormal anywhere else, but temp seemed ok. I checked the oil and the water both good. The mpg was at about 17 something but there was a lpad of traffic on the way home so I don't know if that was the cause of that.