vwguy

Newbie after a corrado..

Hi guys,

I've been into VWs for a few years now and owned a few - 3 mk2 golf gtis, mk4 golfs, passats, mk4 golf r32 but never a Corrado!

I am in search of a very good vr6 car. Must have low mileage - under 100k, have the right service history and must be in top condition.

Now last night, before I became a member I saw one for sale on this forum but now the post seems to have disappeared. It was a low mileage car - sub 80K I think and had pics of the underneath etc and it was advertised at quite a hefty price £7-£9k region with/without RS wheels.

Can somebody tell me whos car this is please? It is a thing of beauty.

What can I expect to pay for a top example with low mileage? Prices seem to be a bit spread - I see cars at £2k and then cars nearing the £10k mark. Do the corrados that are advertised for such high prices actually sell?

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C668624#

Not the one you refer to but seems to meet the criteria... with recaros as a bonus. Description is a little scarce and no soddin price(!) but might be worth a bell. Sorry, don't know where in the world you are.

Welcome by the way, everyone's been really helpful to me as a noob so just continuing the vibe :]

A diamond in the rough is worth 3-4K all day long and might need a few grand spent on it to get it into a good clean standard condition.

For a super clean standard car with the right modifications (reliability improvements) will go for 4-5k in my opinion with a good history and low mileage.

When you start getting into the true OEM+ look with very subtle and tasteful mods using good quality after market stuff I.e suspension, brakes, interior retrimmed etc etc then I would say 6-7k.

Then for the show winning cars it all depends on how far it's went. But those numbers are very car specific and can run pretty high.

So does anybody know where this car has gone from the for sale section? The thread doesn't appear to exist anymore?

I would be looking for a very clean car with some quality mods..

There is a very good one for sale that was owned by kip on here. Had everything done to it to make it a very clean example and comes with some very expensive leather recaros.

Way under your budget as well. But 138000 miles.

I think it sounds like ChrisL's old car. Was it a Blackberry coloured one? If so, it sold quite a long time ago. You honestly get what you pay for, and what you are looking for would probably cost between 5-7k I'd imagine. There are a few exceptions though, and you may find a peach for a bit under. Prices seem to be firmly on the rise at the moment though, so I wouldn't hold out too long.

Thanks for that. Although the mileage is good it just looks like a bit of a projected car. I want something which is sorted

I think it sounds like ChrisL's old car. Was it a Blackberry coloured one? If so, it sold quite a long time ago. You honestly get what you pay for, and what you are looking for would probably cost between 5-7k I'd imagine. There are a few exceptions though, and you may find a peach for a bit under. Prices seem to be firmly on the rise at the moment though, so I wouldn't hold out too long.

If I remember correctly it was purple or maroon. Not sure as looked at a at a few ads. The car had pics of the underside showing a nice shiny exahaust~!

Just got myself a vr6 automatic it's done 100,000 full history recardo seats full stainless exhaust new sport suspension in mint condition and I mean mint

Very good car

You will soon get fed up of the auto pal. Mine was an auto and it was so slow and had no guts. Did the manual conversion and it was a different car all together.

Im actually breaking the car at present, got loads of manual conversion parts on it!!! ; )

You will soon get fed up of the auto pal. Mine was an auto and it was so slow and had no guts. Did the manual conversion and it was a different car all together.

Im actually breaking the car at present, got loads of manual conversion parts on it!!! ; )

Will keep it as is thanks