Sign in to follow this  
aposegil

NGK or Bosch??? spark plugs??

ok whats is the best for the supercharged engines???

Personally i stand by NGK all day long never had any probs, but now ive supercharged the engine I was going to use S2 spark plugs and hopefully this sat there will be a new edtion ;) to the VW collection at my house it would be nice to know :D

Alex, the Bosch will last a LOT Longer (even with your driving styleee!) I used Bosch Triples in my G60 and they lasted about 60k miles, the NGKs only lasted about 15-20k.

I use the proper Bosch Platinum tipped plugs in my G60 and haven't had to change a set yet... 8) Listed as good for upto 60K miles, although they are rather pricey! :?

W6 DPO's are the g60 ones, but you can get the w5 dpo's, these are the g40 plugs and are colder. if you serious about it, i had ngk ones on mine for 6 months, and caused miss fires and all sorts, sounds good but..

Barry bosch any day........... W5 DPO though if your running power... we got cars wiith W4 DPO''s :D

Cars that come near us with NGK's...well.. they get filed in the bin...

thanx for all you advise guys but sadly I cant use the G60 spark plug numbers youve given me as i have a 16v engine but the G40's ones will come in handy ;) ;)

also i know what alot of youve said about NGK's but ive had the reverse on mine, I went throuth 3 set's of bosch ones within 5 months (about 1500-2000 miles) but the min I changes to NGK ones they last me 5000-6000 miles and I only changed them because I wanted to and not because they where casing me probs

I also have HKS iridium tip ones (i think that what its called) at home which i might put back in the car once Ive got it runnign properly :)