Shep___

1993 VR6 with LPG Conversion

Hi! This is my Volkswagen Corrado VR6. I've owned the car since April 2014 and it has been my main transport since then. It has been a fun and reliable car, and I am very fond of it.. but I need something newer, more comfortable and more presentable. (Also, my wife won't drive it) so I am considering selling.

The car goes really well, is a pleasure to drive. The body work is generally solid with no major rust anywhere underneath MOT is valid until 18th July 2016 and it has had 4 new tyres fitted

My Corrado has an LPG conversion fitted by the previous owner. this works well - No noticeable loss of power and switches cleanly between Petrol and Autogas running. the Gas tank is a donut shaped one in the boot where the spare tyre would go. Holds 30 litres, which currently costs about £ 17 to fill up. This makes it comparatively cheap to run.

Millage is almost 149,000 and being used still. The car did have a reconditioned VEGE engine fitted at 100,000 miles and this is mentioned in the history. I can't tell you why as it was several owners ago.

It's been completely reliable for me apart from an intermittent starting problem last winter, that turned out to be the battery on it's way out. It does have many minor imperfections and faults however though, which I will try to detail. It's also a car at an age that it needs to be taken care of, and my ham fisted daily use is starting to take it toll on some of the controls and fittings.

Things wrong with it.

* Various dings from careless car doors in car parks.

* the front bumper is not original it's a resprayed red one and could do with repainting

* Two small rust spots - rear boot lid and on one side, I'l photograph them.

* The electric spoiler works via the dashboard control, but doesn't raise / lower automatically at speed.

* The sunroof doesn't work, I leave it shut.

* The central locking doesn't work - my garage told me it needs a new vacuum pump, but it once locked me out with my keys inside so I decided to do without central locking it after that.

* Radio reception is very poor

* The heater controls are stuck on the forward facing setting.

* It has an oil leak from somewhere in the engine bay

Other details

* 4 New Hankook Tyres

* Black leather interior. (the heated seats are not connected up)

* Short shifter stick

* sports exhaust and cone air filter

* Weitec Coilovers

* Original Red VR6 grill badge! (also have the original grill, not in great condition, but will include it) O

* Original (out of date) first aid kit!

These are the advisories from the last MOT:

* Power steering component has a slight seepage

* Brake pipes slightly corroded

* Brake hoses slightly corroded

* Inner brake disk worn, pitted or scored but not seriously weakend

* Nearside road wheel with a slightly distorted bead rim

* Oil leak.

Work done since I've owned it:

Rear brakes and pads replaced

Coolant temperature sensor replaced

Rear brake caliper replaced

Handbrake cable replaced.

Gear shift mechanism replaced.

Drivers door handle replaced.

Nearside rear lower gearbox engine mount replaced

Inner CV joint replaced

Anti rollbar link ball joints replaced.

Headlight switch loom replaced (Mk2 golf switch now fitted)

axle bushes replaced

Oil sump replaced.

£ 1700

Viewings welcome. Please let me know if any questions!

Thanks,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82681[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]82682[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]82673[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]82674[/ATTACH]

Edited by Shep___