Album56

92 G60 Speedo Tacho Odometer & MFA not working.

As title my 92 G60 suddenly lost Speedo tacho odometer & MFA displays in the cluster, everything else temp & fuel gauges all warning lights are working ok.

I have a recollection that someone had a problem like this but havent been able to find the thread, anyone else had this problem & fixed it?

I have a recollection it was something to do with a voltage stabiliser on the cluster circuit board in a thread I saw a few years ago, I am lucky I have a spare cluster which I can utilize to try & get things working.

As title my 92 G60 suddenly lost Speedo tacho odometer & MFA displays in the cluster, everything else temp & fuel gauges all warning lights are working ok.

I have a recollection that someone had a problem like this but havent been able to find the thread, anyone else had this problem & fixed it?

i have the same problem works fine on start up then after about 30 sec everything dies ive put mine down to damp as its fine in the summer ive got the car sorn for the last 2 years so its only to be expeceted i guess going to try and take the speedo cluster out and leave it in the house to dry out then refit

There is a 10v voltage regulator on a heatsink that is probably the problem. I hope to replace this sometime soon & will update this thread with the result.

Read somewhere that the 10v regulator is for the petrol & temp gauges so that they stay accurate with varying battery voltage & they were the only 2 that worked so I deduced it wasnt that.

Anyway I replaced the cluster circuit board with one I bought some while ago on ebay & hey presto everything is working again albeit with an incorrect odometer reading, the car had covered 180k + miles now reads 111k.

Not sure what happens at next MOT, obviously I'll tell the garage what I've done.

Happy that I fixed it.