Dakes4

clocks stopped working

Hi all all clocks and digital displays have stopped working but fuel and temp still work and all still light up when light switch turned on so I have no speedo no revs counter no mileage no clock/mfa they day it happened I cleaned the earth connections to battery and positives to battery and was fine on way to work and then halfway home from work they packed up I have checked all fuses and are fine its a 1993 2.0 16v 9a I have also had the clocks out to check plug was not loose but still the same

Any help appreciated

Really is was thinking maybe a break in the brown and white wire to the earth at the side of the head well that was what I was going to look at tomorrow after some of the things I have been reading today

That's what I thought it was at first and spent ages tracing earths checking connections everything but no luck. Changed the cluster and all worked. It's not down to a bad earth.

Ok thanks for your help guess it's a set of new clocks then I have just striped them down and heated the circuit board with heat gun just on the off chance some joints had cracked but still no good did you have exactly same symptoms fuel and water temp still working as the dash lights but speedo rev and digital displays not

Yep exactly that. Ah was gonna pull the old clocks apart to see if there was a broken connection but if you have tried i will leave it. Looks like we have saved each other wasted time.

There is a voltage regulator on ebay repair kit for corrado instrument cluster might try it for the sake of £7

You could try it on the clocks you have swapping it from your working clocks to your non working ebay item number 141826664178 just so you can see the part I'm on about

A faulty voltage reg usually gives erratic fuel and temp gauge readings