p0l1wrath

Hot start problems

Experiencing some hot start problems with the VR6, it wont idle without throttle when you try and start it when its warm...

Video showing the problem

other points,

ISV delete

Have reason to believe the MAF may not be 100%

FPR has never been changed.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

What happens if you unplug the MAF with the car running? And why delete the ISV?

I cant remember 100% but i believe the car cuts out, ISV was deleted because after about 2 years of regular cleaning it finally packed up and completely seized and i didnt want to fork out for a new one

Edited by p0l1wrath

Ah, also forgot to mention when coming to a stop at say, traffic lights, the car will sit at just above 1000rpm for about a second before dropping down to the 700-800 mark

don't know if this may help?

What idle problems did you have?

Just wanted to see if anyone has had thee exact issue before i started pouring more into in the car.

but then thats not a bad price really, how long have you had that part on the car?

All the turbos boys delete the ISV though right? do they get it deleted off the ECU or something?

It would idle high when warm and wouldn't hold an idle when cold for a few seconds unless i had foot on gas a little, and the car seemed to run rich.

I've not had it on the car for very long though,about 750miles.

See mine is fine with cold starts, starts perfectly on like 2nd crank, I'm having trouble with warm starts, so I'm guessing either incorrect/minimal fuelling, or either cam or crank position sensor.

I'd be looking at the coolant temp sensor if I had hot start issues

I'd be looking at the coolant temp sensor if I had hot start issues

Yeh these have been changed pretty recently, I might have to look into them, see if i can read there values.

Yeh these have been changed pretty recently, I might have to look into them, see if i can read there values.

There's a graph in the Bentley manual

Hopefully I can bring this thread back to life a little, so since i last posted, in order they happened:

Removed Clifford concept 50 (improved cold start time, first crank everytime (cold start))

- Checked fault codes (whilst cold)

- 65535 DTC definitions not found! Please refer to vehicle service manual (looked online, couldn't see a thing?)

- 01257 Idling Speed Stabilization Valve (N71) Open/short circuit to earth

- 01247 Activated Charcoal Filter (EVAP) System Solenoid Valve 1 (N80) Open/short circuit to earth (Coke can has been removed)

(whilst warm)

- all the above

- 00533 Idle Speed Regulation Adaption limit not reached

- Bought and installed new ISV

- Changed FPR

After all this, it will start a little better warm, but as soon as i rev the car at all it'll will drop before it revs or drop so much it cuts out.

Haven't been able to read the fault codes since as its a friends computer.

Things i still suspect,

- MAF

- Throttle position sensor

Any ideas?

Thanks

Oli

Thats interesting, thanks for that i missed that, ordered a new relay and a non return valve, should be here Thursday

Thanks

Let me know how you get on please I've got the same issue!

Ordered new relay and fitted today with no luck, seems as though the problem is getting worse.

New things im going to check:

Injectors

Coil pack (been repaired already)

Does anyone know if a faulty injector shows up on vcds?

Also i think ive read before that a feul pump that doesnt start clicking can be down to a bad ecu ground, cant seem to find the thread on it now, anyone know if thats the case? and if so where the ecu ground is?

Thanks