Sign in to follow this  
rascal

Lights PLEASE PLESASE PLESAE HELP

:(

just got the corrado back from the mot few little problems but one i just can fix or see the source of the problem so hope u can help:-

o.k all my lights are working great apart from the drivers side dipped, so i changed the bulb still nothing cheched the head light... fine no problem. I then took a voltage reading from the plug that fits into the back of the head light. the side light was fine but the dipped head light was getting about 2v and only a few amps compared to the working hard light which was getting full on all.

where is all the juice going? why wont it work on dipped but full beam works?

Another thing is, don't know if this is any help, the little green light on the light swich on the dash is on with the side lights but goes off on full beam any ideas? :(

Can't help with the rest but the green lighting is supposed to go out on the switch when you go from side lights to headlights - well mine does it too anyway.

Driver's side dipped beam not working? Hmm. Think you might need a new switch. I have the spare guts of a working switch for a late interior, but it's got a broken plastic cover. The green light goes off on full beam, that's normal.

Let me know if you want my spare switch.

probably worth checking the supply cable and connectors there could be a corroded contact somewhere acting like a resistor

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

...no one told me the headlight where individually fused. sowwwee

errr maybee ? try cleaning the contacts.... humm or buy an uprated headlight loom of gavin (H100VW) free plug BTW :wink:

Nice plug, thanks> :lol:

...no one told me the headlight where individually fused. sowwwee

We would have got there eventually.... :)