ryan_welshman

Uprated headlight loom possible problem?

Ok, so bought my rado couple years ago and previous owner looks like they have installed the uprated loom direct from battery to the headlights but after a while ive gotten fed up with what seemed to be very dim lights, even more so on full beam

So i bought some top end philips lamps which said should increase the output by 130% blah blah blah... but they dont seem any brighter. Is it possible the previous owner made a **** loom? Or the wiring is made from a poor quality cable?

Any help is appreciated

The best thing to do is measure the voltage across the battery terminals with the engine running and then compare the voltage at the bulbs, if its the same then the loom is doing its job

have you checked that all 3 beams are working - IE side lights, dipped beam, main beam?

if you have an issue with dipped beam it could be a failed relay on the uprate loom

what type of loom do you have? 2 or 3 relay? OEM connectors or spade ends which plug into the back of the light?

I know it has 1 replay not far from the battery connections, although i have noticed when you turn on the lights, where the first click should be just side lights, the dipped comes on too but when turning off from the 2nd to first click, then its just side lights

I know it has 1 replay not far from the battery connections, although i have noticed when you turn on the lights, where the first click should be just side lights, the dipped comes on too but when turning off from the 2nd to first click, then its just side lights

I have never hear or seen an uprate loom with just a single relay.

they normally have either 2 relays (one for dipped beam & one for full beam) or 3 relays (one for each side of dipped beam & 1 more for both sides of full beam)

has the dim-dip resistor been disconnected as I know they can cause funny issues - it is the yellow connector on the passenger side just behind & to the right the headlight. the 2 halves should be disconnected & taped up with electrical tape