Sign in to follow this  
ladron03

What is a cheap Mod to increase TOrque and Hp on my 90 G60

i have a Stock 1990 G60 and i plan on increasing my Hp and my Torque and i am not sure where i should go or what is the first thing i should do. I have been looking at chips and Intakes; but i am not sure what actually is good.

I have seen the Autothority chip and it seems alot better than the Neuspeed one but i autothority doesn't have as much credibility as neuspeed.

Help. thanks

sns tuning chip ,3.5 fpr and a smaller pulley (68mm is a good start)
Steve´s right! Go for this mod mate! :D

yeah not to be a party pu-per but dont you have to make sure that the charger is healthy before even considering putting smaller pullies on there ???

get the charger rebuilt FIRST, them 68mm or 65mm, red tops and 5.5 sns chip. 3.5 fpr straight away 215 bhp and 220ftlbs, then get a desent intercooler. your laughing,

people get scaerd of getting 65mm's. so long as the chargers been rebuilt properly, with quality bearings, and you change the oil every 5k max, you'll be fine for 3 - 4 year's, or 25k then rebuild again.

Would fuel consumption be up a hell of a lot with red tops fitted ?? Also, would it require a remap too suit the new injectors.

I have a 68mm pully, AMD chip (which I thik is a bit dated) and a stage 4 blower. There is a print out for 181bhp and 200 lbs from AMD tuning when they did the work but that was back in 94 !!

A porchse FPR is on the cards and I might be persuaded too go for better injectors and an SNS chip if it will see me the other side of 200brake.

the fuel consumption will only get worse if you fit the red tops and not the corresponding chip... If you fit a suitable chip, the only time the fuel consumption will be different is when you are using the extra power that the chip and injectors release! :) I actually get BETTER fuel economy out of my Corrado now that I've modded it lots than I got as standard as long as I take it easy... although, if I hammer it, I can get the MPG down into low single figures! :? :lol:

SNS Chip + Pulley + red tops + 3.5 FPR = fun! :)

How are AMD rated these days ?? Dont seem to hear much about them on the forums ??

MPG= worse :shock: Its not the best how it stands at the moment :twisted:

Does anyone know a good company or place were i can get my G-ladder re-built, and maybe even a price quote so i know exactly how much it is going to cost..

i find my fuel cons with red inj good....prob a tad better than before, maybe the old inj were getting worn out